Intel Leaked Slide Shows New 300 Series Chipset in 2018

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Tim "Red Hound" Verry over a PCPer eyed a slide that is now out in the wild that talks about new ho-hum desktop chipsets from Intel, but also has a

Check out the slide.

Thanks to a leaked Intel Launch Update document we now know that Intel is planning to launch a slew of new 300-series chipsets early next year. Reportedly vetted by Gamer's Nexus, the leaked roadmap mentions H310, H370, and B360 on the consumer side, Q370 and Q360 for the business market. There is also a tease of a Z390 chipset that is set to replace Z370 as the high-end motherboard platform of choice.

Was wondering about this, since we had B75, B85, B150, B250 for the "business class" chipset, but AMD already snagged B350.

Since Intel is breaking the numbering system this time around, might it be possible for the next gen, we see a BX440?

same bullshit they pulled back with the P67 chipset. Z68 was released shortly thereafter with iGPU outputs, that garbage ssd-cache feature and some other stuff.

point is, Intel sure likes selling chipsets and motherboards.

same bullshit they pulled back with the P67 chipset. Z68 was released shortly thereafter with iGPU outputs, that garbage ssd-cache feature and some other stuff.

iGPU was on H67 as well. Z68 had the tech to utilize either iGPU/quicksynch or the dedicated GPU. Also supported Ivy Bridge better than P67. Also guaranteed not to get a first edition chipset that would corrupt your hard drive!

I'm genuinely surprised that someone here actually doesn't like options. You do realize that no one is forcing you to buy every single motherboard with every single chipset and every single CPU right?

I don't think anyone is against useful options. The complaint is about providing an "option" that is already dead internally solely to meet a release timeline. Z370 presented as the high-end option when they're already planning a release of Z390 with enhanced features, but don't tell anyone so they don't hurt sales. I guess it should have been obvious since the Z370 boards aren't obscenely expensive...

More options are great! But this is also more evidence that Intel rushed the coffee Lake launch...

I think it's to make up for the power issues with the Current (pun intended) chipset for the high end chips.

I'd almost bet on better voltage control, and more phases from the power sections.

Despite Intel's paper "+15%" in recent publications, the real consistent truth is around +5% over previous gen. Equate that to mean 20 years to achieve a 100% increase in performance(yeah, right?!?). Then say from Sandy Bridge, we might see a 100% increase by 2025 in terms of similar performance. Any wonder still left in the lack of everyday performance in Coffee Lake and probably this too?

You need to be braver, embrace the world of options, believe that 9th gen will offer you 16 chipsets. The bravest among you will accept that i3 i5 and i7 chips will not work on all same gen chipsets... No sir, tiered performance and paywalls in your future sir.
Poney up time and again when you decide to go from quad, hex or octacore as the features and support keep changing(subject to change).
Our trace designs ensure you only have to deal with configuring the options you selected as dlc add-ons.
With just 12.5 easy steps you can buy a 50$ bios chip with diffrent configurations to loc....enable new features or simplify the bios.

Coming soon......

You need to be braver, embrace the world of options, believe that 9th gen will offer you 16 chipsets. The bravest among you will accept that i3 i5 and i7 chips will not work on all same gen chipsets... No sir, tiered performance and paywalls in your future sir.
Poney up time and again when you decide to go from quad, hex or octacore as the features and support keep changing(subject to change).
Our trace designs ensure you only have to deal with configuring the options you selected as dlc add-ons.
With just 12.5 easy steps you can buy a 50$ bios chip with diffrent configurations to loc....enable new features or simplify the bios.

Coming soon......

Do you know how much it costs to "unlock" the upper raid functions of the new lga 2066 series, its not pretty.

I'm genuinely surprised that someone here actually doesn't like options. You do realize that no one is forcing you to buy every single motherboard with every single chipset and every single CPU right?

I don't think they mind real options...not this Rebadge Z270 into Z370 add some more power pins that probably wouldn't have been needed and proclaim a new chipset...especially with a true next gen one in 1H'18. With P67 and Z68 at least all the same chips worked with a proper bios update.

Crap like this is why I only upgrade my cpu/mobo once every two years now.

Back