Intel launches its 10th gen Comet Lake CPUs - breaks world record in soldier numbers (possibly)

Are you doing something that's highly CPU bound and would benefit from significantly more cores, or just have rapid upgrade fever?

I'd say the latter to be honest. I have no strong case for anything faster but I just want something shiny and new that's got better features. But also my 9900k@5 ghz puts out tremendous heat so i'd like a cooler running 7nm+ part from AMD.

I don't understand why a business/enterprise would prefer a $122 i3-10100 over a $95 R3 3200G?

How many OEMs sell business desktops and laptops with AMD processors in them? Almost all Intel, and the old age thought that Intel = Stability is still stuck in enterprises minds.

How many OEMs sell business desktops and laptops with AMD processors in them? Almost all Intel, and the old age thought that Intel = Stability is still stuck in enterprises minds.
Most actually. Dell, Lenovo, HP, and that's your big common ones. Asus, Microsoft, Acer all do as well. Sure it's more laptops than desktops, but that's just fairly common in general these days.

It's likely more Intel = Kickback. or free cpus

Far be it from me to accuse intel of doing something they've done before...

Sure those deals are still there just like the MS deals when a linux based dell laptop cost more than a windows one...

The latest trick is to give away free platform designs for laptop CPUs so the OEMs just have to make the fucking case design, then they attach stipulations like 'only high end GPUs with Intel. This is why you will not see high end GPUs with superior AMD cpus in laptops for a while from the main brands.
So instead of heavy rebates/giving CPUs away for free, it's platform designs and GPU restriction this time. Same shady shit, just not been through court yet.

The latest trick is to give away free platform designs for laptop CPUs so the OEMs just have to make the fucking case design, then they attach stipulations like 'only high end GPUs with Intel. This is why you will not see high end GPUs with superior AMD cpus in laptops for a while from the main brands.
So instead of heavy rebates/giving CPUs away for free, it's platform designs and GPU restriction this time. Same shady shit, just not been through court yet.

Wow, that makes sense. Intel inventing new ways to scumbag it up.
I was wondering why all with all these new laptops coming out with high end gpus, haven't seen one with the new AMD chips.
I was also hoping to see something like a Lenovo x1 carbon extreme with a Ryzen 6 or 8 core proc and oled screen. Or even the 15 inch Razer blade, but those are intel only.

Wow, that makes sense. Intel inventing new ways to scumbag it up.
I was wondering why all with all these new laptops coming out with high end gpus, haven't seen one with the new AMD chips.
I was also hoping to see something like a Lenovo x1 carbon extreme with a Ryzen 6 or 8 core proc and oled screen. Or even the 15 inch Razer blade, but those are intel only.
No no, it's just a coincidence! Lol but yeah most people don't dig very far into it.
The lack of awareness of this issue by the usual pooptube sluts is deafening. Hopefully they read this and grow some balls, in the end it'll only make intel look worse and customers be shitty at OEMs.

Reference designs have been around for a long time. Intel, Amd, NVidia, and Qualcomm all spoonfeed their OEMs this way because the race to the bottom on prices mean that even the biggest of them struggle to find any money to spend optimizing things; and any below that size would be stuck churning out nothing but low quality crap because they can't afford to engineer anything better.

Reference designs have been around for a long time. Intel, Amd, NVidia, and Qualcomm all spoonfeed their OEMs this way because the race to the bottom on prices mean that even the biggest of them struggle to find any money to spend optimizing things; and any below that size would be stuck churning out nothing but low quality crap because they can't afford to engineer anything better.
To add, Intel (etc.) puts significant effort into their reference designs because they know the OEMs will mess something up.

Of course, but that does not explain why are there no high end GPUs on AMD laptop platforms yet then when they have a superior CPU? Aside from Clevo, who at best has a 2070 paired with a 3900x. No 2080 etc.

To add, Intel (etc.) puts significant effort into their reference designs because they know the OEMs will mess something up.

AMD knows the OEMs will screw up too. Remember the flood of previous generation laptops that were crippled by single channel soldiered ram?

Of course, but that does not explain why are there no high end GPUs on AMD laptop platforms yet then when they have a superior CPU? Aside from Clevo, who at best has a 2070 paired with a 3900x. No 2080 etc.

If nothing else, AMD's budget is much smaller, and midrange GPUs sell an order of a magnitude more than high end ones.

Edit: Not offering a 2080 if they already have a 2070 is a bit disappointing. While MXM failed as an easy option for consumer mobile GPU upgrades; it does make swapping around easier for the OEM; all it would need is a faster fan to avoid throttling from the higher TDP.

Last edited:
Reactions: N4CR
like this
That i3-10320 for $150 paired with a GTX 1660S would make a nice budget gaming pc.

The only one thing in which intel breaks record is the lowest multi-core performance, simultaneously with highest price. Value of single thread performance is a thing from the past. And statement of "14+++++ better nm`s" is laughable.

Last edited:
AMD knows the OEMs will screw up too. Remember the flood of previous generation laptops that were crippled by single channel soldiered ram?
OEMs don't care about single or dual channel memory. Lot soft laptops still come with 1 stick of memory soldered or not. It is a place they try to get people to spend a lot of for the 2nd stick.

Hrmmm nope not impressed with this gen. Keep working on it team Intel, youll get it!

Hrmmm nope not impressed with this gen. Keep working on it team Intel, youll get it!

It is what it is. It's not like they can't design good cpu's. It's that they can't get a new process out for the cpu's they have waiting to go. It is what it is until 7nm most likely. You have to admit though they are doing pretty well for being stuck on 14nm++++++++++++ and Skylake.

May 20th they go for sale the earlier date was just a announcement.

I might pick one up I don't think I'll ever go AMD again nothing wrong with them but Intel has always been top dog.
I'll see if someone post some comparison videos on Youtube for FPS in games.

Last edited:
May 20th they go for sale then the earlier date was just a announcement.

I might pick one up I don't think I'll ever go AMD again nothing wrong with them but Intel has always been top dog.
Your really going to get a power hungry monster CPU and a new MB at this point in time with Ryzen 4k coming out this year? Seems weird.

Last edited:
May 20th they go for sale then the earlier date was just a announcement.

Top dog in a single type of program yes. They are falling behind in many more and this generation doesn't seem to be much difference over last (benchmarks will give a better picture of course). I'm more interested to see if zen 4000 can close the last few reasons to even still consider Intel (aka, low resolution high hz gaming).

Yeah, I bought AMD this round. Twice my installer has disappeared from the screen (One was BF2 which I've installed on dozens of Intel systems with no problem) and I can't get whatever app to install. Sure its nice and fast, but that never happened on Intel. Thats the reason a lot of people blindly go Intel. It just works.

Back