Intel LANFest NETWAR 21.0 - April 8th~9th Omaha. NE

craigbru

[H]ard|Gawd
I hadn't seen this posted yet, so I thought I'd remedy that. Here's the text from the last mailing with all the event details.

Greetings,

What are your plans on April 8th? If you are not saying attending Intel LANFest NETWAR 21.0 then you have serious issues my friend. ILNW 21 as I like to say for short, is one of this springs most anticipated LAN parties. We have an amazing schedule and tournament lineup, our sponsors have stepped up and have donated an insane amount of prizes to give away to the attendees through door raffle and tournament prizes. As well our attendee registrations are coming in at a very fast pace. As you may have seen in the last email, 100% of the door entry fee you pay goes straight to charity, come to ILNW have some fun, win some prizes, and feel good that your money is helping someone in need.

Calling All Gamers
We the admins at ILNW try and cater to the vast assortment of PC gamers out there. If you are hesitant to attend, come try us for one event or just stop in for a bit and have a look around. I can guarantee you will be back for our next events, I have seen this happen so many times I lost count. If you like to play in very well organized tournaments and be challenged, you will find that at our events. If you just like to play in the tournaments because of the structured gaming, but know you are not skilled enough and just want to have fun, you will find that at our events. If you just want to lounge back the whole event and enjoy all the games you enjoy playing with others, you will find that at our events. From First Person Shooters (Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress) to Real-Time Strategy (Starcraft 2, League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, Minecraft :) ) to Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games (World of Warcraft, etc.) you will find it at our events. So why not attend it?

Event Details
Intel LANFest NETWAR 21.0 will take place April 8-9, 2011 starting at 7pm that Friday evening, the event will run straight for 26 hours till 9pm Saturday night.

Registration Details
Please get yourself and everyone you know registered and pre-paid for the event as soon as possible, the quicker we sell our seats the more prizes we will have to offer. Also through LANFest, we now have a seat registration system, where you can select and reserve your exact seat for the event. It will be there waiting for you to arrive at the event. April 6 is the last day you can pay online and get the discount.

Closed Rows I and J
We have closed Rows I and J on our seating system until the other rows fill up. If you were in these rows please check your currents seats that we have moved you to, we tried keeping everyone together in the same order.

Prizes
Our sponsors have stepped up and have donated an enormous amount of prizes to give away. At this time we do not have quantities or exact models, that is decided this Friday based on the amount of paid registrations we have. So if you have not registered and paid yet, please do so as soon as possible.

Prize list:
Intel 160gb SSDs
Intel processors (970, 2600k, 930 and 750)
Intel motherboards (SO58, various Media and Classic series)
Western Digital Raptor drives
MSI (Video cards)
InWin (Computer Cases)
Antec (coolers, cases, etc)
Coolermaster (laptop cases, coolers, mice, cases)
ThermalTake (Keyboards, Mice etc)
Logitech (Keyboards, Mice, headsets)
Corsair (Memory, headsets)
Gigabyte (Motherboards)
Monster (drinks and swag)
Steel Series (headsets)
Noctua (coolers)

Tournaments
Starcraft 2 – 1 vs 1
Team Fortress 2 – 6 vs 6
Counter-Strike: Source – 5 vs 5
Heroes of Newerth – 5 vs 5
Dodge Ball – 5 vs 5
For more details about the tournaments please visit the NETWAR web site.

Popular Games
By no means is this a complete list of games, but here is an idea of some of the most popular games to be played at the event:
Starcraft 2
Minecraft
Team Fortress 2
Counter-Strike: Source
Heroes of Newerth
Left 4 Dead 2
League of Legends
Borderlands
Flatout 2
Monday Night Combat
Grand Theft Auto 4
Blur
Call of Duty 4 (and the newer non-LAN versions)
Battlefield 2 / 2142 (and the newer non-LAN versions)
Many MMORPGs
Plus many other games

Table Space for BYOC (Bring your own computer)
Due to space and power restrictions, your entry into the event allows you to bring (1) computer and (1) monitor, you will be provided with table space with (1) power plug (you’ll need a power strip) and (1) network port. If you wish to bring a second computer or a second monitor and wish to consume an entire 2 person table for yourself, you will need to register for an additional seat. Registering for two seats will grant you two tickets into the door raffle. Please make sure when you check-in both seats when you arrive at the event.

Bring Your Own Server (BYOS)
For those of you who would like to bring a server, you may do so at no charge. Please contact us at least 1 week prior to the event and confirm a spot in the server area for your server. We will provide you with a static IP address to have setup on your server before you bring it. Your server must be remotely manageable over the network. We will provide you with (1) power plug and (1) network plug, no monitors or keyboards will be allowed.

Contact Us
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. Please do not hesitate to reply back to this email or click Contact Us on our web site, or join the community on the NETWAR forums.

www.netwar.org
http://lanfest.intel.com/?page=event&eventid=1654

TRAVIS KREIKEMEIER “Curium”
EVENT COORDINATOR
Intel LANFest NETWAR

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this one. It's the first since they grabbed the Intel sponsorship, and they've got a ton of gear to give away.

Back