Intel Kicks Off CES 2017 with VR, Automated Driving, 5G News and Experiences

HardOCP News

[H] News
Before CES 2017 began, Intel kicked off the event with announcements cementing its role as a leader in automated driving and 5G technologies and as a home for innovation in virtual reality — or the more advanced merged reality. Intel’s leaders displayed the company’s commitment — announced at last year’s CES — to expanding the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible.

“The pace of technology improvement is accelerating faster than ever,” said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich at an immersive VR news conference he hosted Wednesday afternoon. “Moore’s Law is at the center of this acceleration. Technology is extending far beyond consumer electronics, defining almost every aspect of our lives, and transforming industries.” During the news conference — and in an editorial – he also articulated the company’s vision for the future of VR and merged reality technology and how these technologies will reinvent the experiences of travel, work safety and productivity, and sports and gaming.

Seems like everyone is trying to get a share of the automated vehicles industry. Wonder who are shaping to be the winners.

Seems like everyone is trying to get a share of the automated vehicles industry. Wonder who are shaping to be the winners.
I don't understand it. I just see it as yet another excuse to increase the price of cars for no reason. It will end up being a niche consumer market just like pure electric vehicles.

I don't understand it. I just see it as yet another excuse to increase the price of cars for no reason. It will end up being a niche consumer market just like pure electric vehicles.

The market will decide. As always.

Back