Intel Ivy Bridge Retail Shipments Came in Monday

Motaa

Gawd
Updated:
OJPHJ.jpg

V0frY.jpg

Pricing. 29th Release date at my store. No change in inventory count. Still 10s, 5s, and 0s.
Inventory count is not pictured because you'd be able to see cities and I don't want to give that away.

Even if you know what store this is now, please don't say anything if you want to hear anything about retail releases in the future.

95w on everything except the S models which are 65w. i3 STILL MIA.

Last edited:
ugh, bummer. I was really hoping the retail ones would be available on the 23rd

Will these new CPU's fit/work in the older i5/i7/i3 motherboards, or will we eventually need to update that as well?

Will these new CPU's fit/work in the older i5/i7/i3 motherboards, or will we eventually need to update that as well?

Depends on the board. Most will work with a BIOS update. Check the manufacturer website to be sure.

I work at a large electronic store and we got our allocations of Ivy Bridge i7/i5(K, S, non-K). We have the largest allocation out of all the stores and only have 10 of each, with many stores only having 5.

We're not allowed to touch or tell anyone that they're in stock but I figured everyone wanted to know that the retail stuff arrived a while ago. I'll delete this thread if this is old news.

i3 is MIA.
Lemme guess ,you aint working at an an electronic store at all ...and you have the giggles about
ppl waiting for that Chip and thought 'hey lets bullshit em a round '.
The Numbers you throw in are such redicule ...like stores having 10 of em only , great win for wholesale and happy costumers. you need a doctor m8

And since eveyones a fortune teller , i line up and say well get the juice around 10th may with all reviews
and necessary BS.

Lemme guess ,you aint working at an an electronic store at all ...and you have the giggles about
The Numbers you throw in are such redicule ...like stores having 10 of em only , great win for wholesale and happy costumers. you need a doctor m8

I have no reason to lie. I also have no reason to bother with you but I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow for everyone else.

I used to work electronics retail as well; initial allocations to stores for product were ridiculous sometimes.

Even for large product launches, it wasn't uncommon to receive pitiful amounts of stock. (As little as 2-3 per store in the area I worked in.)

a) Which "S" chips? Any chance of i7-3770s in there?
b) Can you comment on register price yet?

I thought the release date was pushed up to Monday April 23rd? I believe as of last week it was stated it is now the 23rd for IB.

I thought the release date was pushed up to Monday April 23rd? I believe as of last week it was stated it is now the 23rd for IB.
It was never determined if the 23rd referred to IB based laptops and desktops from OEMs or IB retail boxes. Somewhere along the line everyone decided that the announcement meant that the CPUs were coming out on the 23rd which is wishful thinking at this point.

Are the regular (non S) chips 95w or 77w?

I think it's only the 4core + hyperthreading chips that are 95W TDP. The rest of the chips are 77W. Then there's the S models which should be even lower.

Looked at the boxes today, 95w on the i7 and i5. Only the S versions are 65W.

i3 still MIA. Pictures tonight, I forgot my phone at home.

Price for the i5-k?

Also are you going to be marking down the sandybridge chips once IB goes retail?

Can I buy one of these in store on Monday? I am going to get one from Microcenter.

Can I buy one of these in store on Monday? I am going to get one from Microcenter.

29th you're supposed to be able to purchase but don't be surprised is someone sells before that. Benchmarks on 23rd.

The only word I saw about a Monday release didn't indicate anything about release for retail sale. I am still betting on the 29th if I lived in Vegas.

So this Monday on the 23rd I can walk into my local Microcenter and buy 3570k?

So this Monday on the 23rd I can walk into my local Microcenter and buy 3570k?
My guess is that if Intel hasnt changed the release date to Monday, the smaller sellers will start selling it early to get a jump start on the bigger sellers -- maybe Monday or at least some time during this next week. The big retailers may try to hold out until the 29th if there is no direct order from Intel. But if smaller places start selling it early, you can bet MC, Frys, Amazon, Newegg will not be happy and will call Intel demanding permission to start selling it early. So I think it is going to be up in the air for a week.

Look at it this way, you are a retail store manager and you have a good stock of the latest CPU on your warehouse. You know it will sell well when it gets shelved. What is Intel going to do if you start selling it a few days before the official release date? Probably nothing, even if they find out.

Look at it this way, you are a retail store manager and you have a good stock of the latest CPU on your warehouse. You know it will sell well when it gets shelved. What is Intel going to do if you start selling it a few days before the official release date? Probably nothing, even if they find out.

Worst case scenario is probably a contractually outlined fine of some sort and you lose your Intel retail license. No thanks.

OJPHJ.jpg

V0frY.jpg

Pricing. 29th Release date at my store. No change in inventory count. Still 10s, 5s, and 0s.
Inventory count is not pictured because you'd be able to see cities and I don't want to give that away.

Even if you know what store this is now, please don't say anything if you want to hear anything about retail releases in the future.

95w on everything except the S models which are 65w. i3 STILL MIA.

Last edited:
any word on cpu/mb combos?

This

I got in on the 2600k deal, but I'm still tempted to just go with IB anyway. If there is a combo, it probably would be worth it. The 29th is the last day that I can return the 2600k (though I doubt I'd have an issue selling it on the forums for what I paid either).

Back