Intel Is Changing Its Logo and Iconic, Five-Note Bong Sound

erek

[H]F Junkie
I predict they'll eventually land on "ntel" without the i

"Intel has created a whole webpage, which covers the various changes, and how the new logos will look on actual products. To us, the new proprietary typeface does seem more modern, and perhaps friendlier. But the remix to the bong, which originally debuted in a 1994 Intel television commercial, is frankly inexcusable."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/visual-brand-identity.html

This makes sense. Marketing was obviously Intel's largest problem. :rolleyes:

Meh, its just a font. The most important thing is the naming convention, which appears to be unchanged which is fine its intuitive enough to figure out.
Where marketing confused me, aside from the obvious bland vagueness of everything on that page, in the first large graphic of the 7 clearly visible tiles, 6 out of 7 are PoC, 5 out of 7 female. Scroll further down and the page is entirely consumed by three large graphics of women. Is this supposed to represent their own or their customer's demographics, and if neither, why?

Every company I've worked for does the same, where its predominantly middle-aged and up white and asian male engineers, but according to even internal marketing "celebrating us" you'd think we were all millennial female black hipsters.

They should really start utilizing their skull logo more.

It's just appealing as a symbol for gaming/power user hardware.

004_skb.jpg

d3kpupr-8c24e414-22aa-4994-97fb-537f62bc7583.png

download.jpeg

Screenshot_20200902-203510.png

Meh, its just a font. The most important thing is the naming convention, which appears to be unchanged which is fine its intuitive enough to figure out.

Where marketing confused me, aside from the obvious bland vagueness of everything on that page, in the first large graphic of the 7 clearly visible tiles, 6 out of 7 are PoC, 5 out of 7 female. Scroll further down and the page is entirely consumed by three large graphics of women. Is this supposed to represent their own or their customer's demographics, and if neither, why?

Every company I've worked for does the same, where its predominantly middle-aged and up white and asian male engineers, but according to even internal marketing "celebrating us" you'd think we were all millennial female black hipsters.
They are being ablist and transphobic.

Because that is what marketing is these days, more virtue signalling. End of the day Asian and white people will buy computer crap regardless, I suppose they're trying to push for more black people and women to buy their crap. Will an image in marketing slides no one cares about translate into sales? No idea personally.

good to see Intel has their priorities straight- 1) CPU brand tie-in deal with the new Avengers game...2) logo design change

the new Intel bong sound is awful...l can't even make it out clearly...the old xylophone and marimba chimes one was so much better

good to see Intel has their priorities straight- 1) CPU brand tie-in deal with the new Avengers game...2) logo design change

the new Intel bong sound is awful...l can't even make it out clearly...the old xylophone and marimba chimes one was so much better
Looks like even their marketing department is releasing stuff late. Why do a big tie-in with the old logo and a few weeks later come out with the new logo (which looks ok, if bland) and the new sound (which sounds pretty sad).

It's not too bad, it still reminds you of the old sound. Still, I question the point of this. I am not buying AMD for my new build because I like their logo better...

Maybe the quality of the video was bad but the sound of the new jingle was terrible quality. It makes me think of really shitty wavetable samples on a wavetable sound card.

I predict they'll eventually land on "ntel" without the i

"Intel has created a whole webpage, which covers the various changes, and how the new logos will look on actual products. To us, the new proprietary typeface does seem more modern, and perhaps friendlier. But the remix to the bong, which originally debuted in a 1994 Intel television commercial, is frankly inexcusable."

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/company-overview/visual-brand-identity.html

Is it just me or did they straight up steal NVIDIAs style of PR videos? The video on that page almost seems like a direct rip off off NVIDIAs AI promotional vids (except NVIDIAs are much better):

Anyway the BONG with chimes blows and so does the new logo. They should fire their marketing department ASAP.

Last edited:
Just waiting for someone to either complain to or sue Intel because the logo is white. Watch....It probably will happen. o_O

this is prob the most interesting thing on that page. pushing iRISxeMAX graphics or is it iRISMAXxe? (almost as good as XboXseriesX). and the new silver gold platinum is now a thing i guess? so then which one is better pentium silver or regular pentium?
2020-09-03 07.08.10 www.intel.com 4b463a88fc3a.jpg

Last edited:
Hilarious. This says it all about the people running intel.

"Our business is crumbling before our eyes. I know! We'll give ourselves a new logo. That'll make us seem relevant."

It's the most braindead business suit thinking. I think Intel's done.

This makes sense. Marketing was obviously Intel's largest problem. :rolleyes:
See? We've changed! Honest!

Adding more lipstick will not solve the problem
Exactly. Intel has been dragging their name through the mud, the last few years. AMD already valued at nearly half of INTC, because the writing is on the wall, if they don't pull their shit together. Their roadmap doesn't look good.

See? We've changed! Honest!

Exactly. Intel has been dragging their name through the mud, the last few years. AMD already valued at nearly half of INTC, because the writing is on the wall, if they don't pull their shit together. Their roadmap doesn't look good.

PR stunts like this also have an effect on those employed at the company, it has a way of dragging down moral and thus increasing the problems even further. Wonce it reaches past a certain point, it's nothing but down hill especially when you are the top.

I think what they need to do is ditch the Core naming scheme.

Yes! I'm so sick of people saying "but but but I have an i7!!!" When they get told their processor / platform is just outdated. Why would "normies" want to go from an i7 to an i7? They aren't able to differentiate by year or model like people can with cars

Years ago average people were at least able to tell you what they had in their computer.. 386 486 Pentium 1 2 3 4 etc.. now there are 11 generations of the same thing as far as regular people understand, and you have to pry to even be sure the computer is less than 10 years old.

New logo and changing an iconic and memorable sound from the birth of the internet age is a bit silly to me.

Back