Intel is already tied with AMD for desktop GPU sales(?)

How can this be? I'm pretty stunned. Seems like we should be celebrating this potential dark horse. I'm rooting for them, hard.
A little note that usually do not matter much, but the word sale here is for shipment, how many GPU got out to the oem, distributor, reseller, etc... not necessarily reached all the way up to consumer. Which for Intel and 2023 could be a significant gap between shipment and GPU in actual people computer.

Intel planned to have significant volume (talk of 4 millions unit at some point) in a relatively short amount of time:
https://www.pcgamer.com/intel-promises-to-ship-more-than-4-million-discrete-gpus-in-2022/

I imagine they did manage to cut down some ways once they saw the crypto crash, but even a large part of that plan would be big in the current environment.

HP seem to sell them on relatively nicely priced machine:
https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/victus-by-hp-15l-gaming-desktop-tg02-0346st-49n24av-1

Acer seem to make their "own" arc 770 gpu that imagine will have in their pre-built

Last edited:
most people dont want to drop $1K+ on a gpu, so they took the entire "bottom" end. im still waiting a bit before i call it a success, though.

Intel has the entire mid-low end GPU segment to themselves. This is not surprising when taking this into account.

Don't forget that Intel also has some of the strongest and longest running contracts with system builders. Between that and the very low price of Arc GPUs compared to the competition it's a no-brainer that Intel likely took a huge chunk of the system builder market which uses discrete GPUs outside of the very high end.

Don't forget that Intel also has some of the strongest and longest running contracts with system builders. Between that and the very low price of Arc GPUs compared to the competition it's a no-brainer that Intel likely took a huge chunk of the system builder market which uses discrete GPUs outside of the very high end.
Sure, but is Intel making a profit on the GPU cards?

Good point - the question is how long can Intel take the losses before it gives up or sells the GPU division off?

Good. Radeon is not much cheaper than its Geforce counterparts with significantly less feature and still bad drivers. I welcome the blue overlord to compete against Nvidia.

It's fud. They have just recently dropped price and got their drivers in a semi functional state. AMD has a full stack of cards from top to bottom that are very mature and priced well. Expected to believe Intel with a few models just blew past?
We know Intel probably made quite a few of them and is shoveling them into many OEM boxes with near zero profit in an agressive marketing tactic, but if we were to go retail sales I think Intel would be hard to chart do to lack of discreet sales. Even an Intel fan would find it tuff to ride one of these GPU's as an all rounder.
And are they tracking discreet in laptop sales? AMD has gone almost full APU in that segment.

Last edited:
"After correction, it turned out that out of 13 million standalone GPUs for desktops and notebooks sold last quarter, Nvidia shipped 85%, AMD supplied 9%, and Intel sold 6%."

Jesus, that's depressing.
Ya sounds like Intel stuffed a mass volume of notebooks, probably at their cost. Never mind the threats!. You're welcome China, India, and the sub-continent and Walmart customers.
If you want to know the truth just go down to MicroCenter, find a salesman and ask, "So you sell as many Intel discreet GPU's as AMD right?" Please take a quick photo of their expression please.

Back