Intel Ice Lake (10th gen/10nm) - desktop processors not until 2020?

Re-using the GPU in the new system, or keeping it with the old one? Because if you have a GPU, I would spend a little more ($140 at newegg) and get a Ryzen 2600, 6c/12t instead of the 3200g 4c/4t.

Well, since the OEM copy of Windows can only be used for one motherboard (and a few components I believe), I'd rather keep the 1050Ti for my Win7 machine. I want to keep Win7 after Windows stops the support next year because I like the desktop/menu and it's compatible with all my old games.

I've been looking into this since I am debating 9900k vs 3950x. Right now I am concerned about AMD's lows. Even if the 3950x hits higher clocks most data seems to suggest AMD has significantly lower 0.1% lows which is what I really care about.

It does look like we're at least a year out for desktop parts. I am just having trouble pulling the trigger this late in the life cycle...

I've been looking into this since I am debating 9900k vs 3950x. Right now I am concerned about AMD's lows. Even if the 3950x hits higher clocks most data seems to suggest AMD has significantly lower 0.1% lows which is what I really care about.

It does look like we're at least a year out for desktop parts. I am just having trouble pulling the trigger this late in the life cycle...

Yeah, if you dont tune your memory to the hilt, Zen3 has some issues with lows. If you do though, it's damn near identical.

Yeah, if you dont tune your memory to the hilt, Zen3 has some issues with lows. If you do though, it's damn near identical.

Any data on that? I did buy 32GB 3600 for whichever already.

Another problem is the 3900x is nowhere to be found lol.

Any data on that? I did buy 32GB 3600 for whichever already.

Another problem is the 3900x is nowhere to be found lol.

32gb kit with 2 16gb memory sticks is dual rank and dual rank memory does perform better on zen 2. Zen2 memory controller is pretty epic and you can tweak the memory timings pretty well. I have 3200 mhz b die trident z kit that was rated for 14-14-14-34 running at 3533 easy. and C15 for 3600.

IS this what you are talking about? The lows look pretty damn respectable to me on 3900x. Has bunch of games in that review.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1869-amd-ryzen-3900x-ryzen-3700x/

IS this what you are talking about? The lows look pretty damn respectable to me on 3900x. Has bunch of games in that review.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1869-amd-ryzen-3900x-ryzen-3700x/

And Tom's has OC'd 9900k's. https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ryzen-9-3900x-7-3700x-review,6214-9.html

I don't remember the review but I think I saw a 0.1% review which showed even more of a gap. I have no issue with Ryzen in my normal rigs (I'll have two others with 2700x and 2600 after this); but my main rig is VR and the 9900k has ~20% higher minimums in a lot of games.

Also, just remembered my Ryzen mobo's ethernet port doesn't even work.... I jumped this morning on a 9900KF.

Last edited:
Back