Intel i9 cooler suggestions

Indeed. I had a good experience too, until it wasn't the greatest. There are many people who had good experiences, and many people with bad experiences, and many that fall somewhere in between. The interweb is full of stories and experiences. I bought the original h100 when it was new, liked it, ran its course, didn't buy another. But I'm not going to say no don't buy one, its your money, you do what you want with it heheh. All you have to do is look around, many stories out there. Good and bad. You don't have anything to justify to me. You are sharing your experience, like I shared mine.

I have the original launch Corsair H50 that came out back in 2009 that is being used on a daily PC.

I have several other AIOs that are 5+ years old on other daily PCs that are running without any issues.

I know a dozen of other people using AIOs for the longest time and no complaints on their end.

That's been my experiences. I have several of them that are quite old and they still cool like they should.

^same. I had an original H50 that worked just as good as when i bought it up until i gave it to someone like a year ago. Still have a Asetek NZXT unit in the parts bin that works just fine and im using a H100i now. I know several people who use asetek coolers and have never had an issue with them.

My brother is using my old H100, and is running his 7700k at 4500. It rattles, and doesn't have much left in it for much more speed. I beat that h100 with my x5690, which puts out a lot more heat than a quad core newer gen does which is probably why you guys haven't had any problem. It starts at 130w and things escalate quickly lol.

My brother is using my old H100, and is running his 7700k at 4500. It rattles, and doesn't have much left in it for much more speed. I beat that h100 with my x5690, which puts out a lot more heat than a quad core newer gen does which is probably why you guys haven't had any problem. It starts at 130w and things escalate quickly lol.
Im running a 10 core skylake X cpu on my H100i which probably puts out more heat then both combined under AVX. No noise, and it cools to 174F under AVX workload. Sounds like your brother needs to reach out to corsair for warranty.

You just assume we all have newer builds?

I know a guy who bought that stupid AMD FX 9590 and is still using it as a daily with a Corsair H60. No hiccups there since 2013.

I have a X5690 myself with a Corsair H80i GT on it.

Last edited:
The Cooler is on it's way, and should be here tomorrow, yay :).

Also, I removed the back case cover, and there is indeed a hole where the cooler parts need to go, so no taking apart the motherboard again. yay :).
The only mystery is why the four holes that the cooler needs, seem to be covered. i'm not sure if it's something that can be popped out, or not, as it doesn't look like it on the other side :/.....

hoping to get this thing fired up tomorrow.

Glad to hear you guys are lovin’ your coolers! Mine are pretty sweet too :D

You assume I love my AIOs? I am actually a bigger fan for regular air-coolers and still have my old TRUE in the closet as well as a D-15 and a few others.

Perhaps I actually recognize the benefits of AIOs such as offsetting the weight of the cooler to mainly on the chassis instead of the motherboard in which is a big perk for transit.

The Cooler is on it's way, and should be here tomorrow, yay :).

Also, I removed the back case cover, and there is indeed a hole where the cooler parts need to go, so no taking apart the motherboard again. yay :).
The only mystery is why the four holes that the cooler needs, seem to be covered. i'm not sure if it's something that can be popped out, or not, as it doesn't look like it on the other side :/.....

hoping to get this thing fired up tomorrow.
No blackplate needed on Socket 2066

Im running a 10 core skylake X cpu on my H100i which probably puts out more heat then both combined under AVX. No noise, and it cools to 174F under AVX workload. Sounds like your brother needs to reach out to corsair for warranty.

Starts at 140w, so 10w more than my x5690, to start. I’m sure both ramp up exponentially as you ramp clocks and volts. There are cpus with higher tdp’s.

upload_2019-7-21_19-58-40.png

That’s what you are using? I thought you getting a reading from the wall. Well.. If that’s what you are using, I’ve seen my 3770K show 700w running tests in aida64, but viewing power usage in coretemp. I don’t buy the 700w reading because it didn’t say that at the wall lol. But Aida would say 85w. X5690 has none of that stuff, gotta read from the wall.

I have the original launch Corsair H50 that came out back in 2009 that is being used on a daily PC.

I have several other AIOs that are 5+ years old on other daily PCs that are running without any issues.

I know a dozen of other people using AIOs for the longest time and no complaints on their end.

Been running a Antec Kuhler 920 since mid 2014 on a 4930K, knock on wood no issues till this day.

Also running a Corsair H80 (Gen 1) since 2013 on a 3770K and no problems there either.

No complaints here either :D

that feeling when one gets when you see the ups truck go to every office on the block but the one you are in...come on, come on...

Want to fire this sucker up already... :)

Well, after about a month of part saving, IT LIVES!

This thing is so damn quiet, I wasn't even sure it was on at first.
And using this new type of Solid State Drive, that was THE fastest Windows setup i've ever done. took under 4 minutes for 8.1

I'm taking it home today, now that it seems everything is stable, so we'll set some stuff up and see how much of an increase i notice there.
thanks for the fan recommend. it installed in less than 2 minutes
smile.gif

Did I say yearly or are you just making shit up? I think your just making it up. Because I’m pretty sure I said 2-3 years you will start to notice performance tapering off. I should have also said if you have a large cpu you can use those numbers, but the majority of you are running baby quads that put out fuck all for a heat load. So you may get a bit longer. Also, in case you didn’t read what I said, because it’s a strong possibility that you didn’t, my h100 couldn’t cool my x5690 anymore, and my brother is now running it on his 7700k and it’s working ok. Can’t run more than 4500 with it, and it rattles. No silence, no higher performance, as strong as a hyper 212 now lol.

Did I say yearly or are you just making shit up? I think your just making it up. Because I’m pretty sure I said 2-3 years you will start to notice performance tapering off. I should have also said if you have a large cpu you can use those numbers, but the majority of you are running baby quads that put out fuck all for a heat load. So you may get a bit longer. Also, in case you didn’t read what I said, because it’s a strong possibility that you didn’t, my h100 couldn’t cool my x5690 anymore, and my brother is now running it on his 7700k and it’s working ok. Can’t run more than 4500 with it, and it rattles. No silence, no higher performance, as strong as a hyper 212 now lol.

Sounds like a lemon or user error. That is why there is such a thing call warranty. Look it up.

Also this:

Well, AIO should be ok for a year, maybe 3. After that, you will probably have to replace it. Or take it apart, clean, and refill it. Judging by some of the comments here, some of you probably haven't used them for that long. Because they aren't really that good.. Unless you spend on a nice one.. and even then.. A Corsair unit isn't a nice one lol. Anyways, it seems like you fellas are set in your ways.. Glad to ruffle some feathers and get you looking around.. its better to know what's out there, rather than regurgitating what everyone else says which I have seen quite a bit here.

Anyways fellers, its been a slice, enjoy.

Everything this guy says goes against what the rest of the world sees and experiences.

He gets upset if hes disagreed with. Hes pretty much been disagreed with on everything hes said.

Hard forum is not the rest of the world, this is the only forum I know of where aio is the way to go.

Been using a Corsair AOI unit for 5+ years with no issues. There might be better options out there, but this thing is damn near bulletproof, it's quiet, and it keeps my setup super tidy. It also has a very low profile and has no issues with unusual mobo layouts.
I've used plenty of fans over the years and I find them to be a pain in the ass by comparison.

I don’t even care about that anymore, the last little bit I was just trying to defend myself a little bit.

I don’t even care about that anymore, the last little bit I was just trying to defend myself a little bit.

Someone is definitely sour and is a bit defensive lol. You sure love to generalize everything that goes against you.

A few members here in this thread is using AIOs and you deemed that the whole forum is using it and follows it.

Kinda funny since that is pretty much a backwards perspective from your earlier statement how you said hardforum isn't the rest of the world.

Then you bring up Kyle and how he left hardforum which he didn't really. He stepped down in order take care of his family. No respectable man would put his family as second priority. The way that you tried to use him for your defense is extremely immature and poor taste.

You keep trying to make exit statements from this thread. Just go ahead and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited:
Show some class ladies. This conversation went sideways the moment something other than a noctua or aio was suggested. No reason to be so thin skinned. Sadly it seems most conversations here devolve into childish pissing matches for some reason.all this over a heatsink.

Unless I get banned, I’m not going anywhere. I will continue to irritate you for years. I got pummeled for even mentioning Thermalright. I gave my personal reason why I thought aios were shit and everyone disagreed with me. I knew I was going against a blindly popular opinion as soon as the comments started rolling in. Yes yes might have been out of line mentioning Kyle. But I was thinking he might have been sick of the legions of fan boys here in that moment. He is obviously taking care of his family, the big house and fast cars weren’t enough of a hint that he was doing well? Anyways if Kyle does happen to see this, it wasn’t a dig at you, my apologies.

Anyways, I agree with hititnquitit.

If something is claimed to be better then what is already known on one of these chips then i do expect to see some data ON THESE CHIPS. These arent ordinary chips. They run hot and as you can see by my quick stress test it was pulling 360w easy. Looking at TDP and comparing it to a X58 6 core that has a +/- TDP of 10w and then tossing up data of this claimed best cooler on a X58 chip isnt going to fly. Thats a pile of horse shit to be honest and just proves lack of experience with Skylake X.

Hell at this point im halfway tempted to just buy the fucking thing to see how well it fares at cooling my 360w chip. Hell i have a Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme here that i can prolly just hit up Thermalright for a mount that works and use it. But i know damn well that if it didnt perform then it would be because its not the TS140.

Back