Intel i7-920 x58 vs Haswell @1080p and above - Still no urgency to upgrade?

Well, I can offer up some qualitative observations: we have two computers side-by-side, my i7-920 @ 4.2 recently upgraded to a GTX780, and my wife's new 4770K, stock clock with my old GTX580. So far in virtually every game (except GW2) my older i7 with the faster GPU puts up higher FPS. This is true in Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light (the four games I checked.)

There's no investment regret (she needed a new PC, and the 4770k runs quiet, cool and is very, very fast) but it also convinced me that Ivy-E is my "true" upgrade. Upgrading to Haswell would give me newer chipset subsystems (important) and much less power consumption (important) but I would be delusional to expect a dramatic improvement in compute performance.

Well, I can offer up some qualitative observations: we have two computers side-by-side, my i7-920 @ 4.2 recently upgraded to a GTX780, and my wife's new 4770K, stock clock with my old GTX580. So far in virtually every game (except GW2) my older i7 with the faster GPU puts up higher FPS. This is true in Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light (the four games I checked.)

There's no investment regret (she needed a new PC, and the 4770k runs quiet, cool and is very, very fast) but it also convinced me that Ivy-E is my "true" upgrade. Upgrading to Haswell would give me newer chipset subsystems (important) and much less power consumption (important) but I would be delusional to expect a dramatic improvement in compute performance.

Stick the 780 in her PC and compare. :)

No chance of that, I'm not letting it go. :)

In any case, the 780 cost about the same as the CPU/MB/RAM of the Haswell box, so having the two side-by-side gave me a glimpse into how I would have felt if I'd upgraded my own PC to the 4770K and kept the GPU.

The one thing I do notice in her PC is the dramatically faster SSD performance. We both have 840 Pros. ICH10R has not aged nearly as well as the rest of the X58 platform.

Yup, I'm still rocking a 2500k but I'll probably still wait a while for a CPU upgrade as I'm still playing at 1080p so a GPU upgrade would work fairly better for me rather then a CPU one.

Thanks for the post and, most importantly, the numbers.

I'm really finding it hard to believe that a i7-920 at 4+GHz is really holding anything up compared to Haswell. And it would seem that your numbers (even though it's "just" 3DMark) would bear that skepticism out.

So far the actual numbers posted have tended to indicate that the CPU upgrade would be largely wasted. Whereas those posting about a dramatic increase have generally depended on assertions and their subjective sense of what "seems" faster. And though I've said this before, I'll say it again, I have seen far too many people declare something to be much faster or slower based on their hopes or their fears. . . when in reality, objective testing shows that their perception is actually way off.

Just the decision to determine if things are faster can influence your perception of whether something is indeed faster. When, in reality, prior to the CPU/MB upgrade, had someone told you the CPU and MB had been upgraded (when it had not) and then shown some gameplay on the unchanged system, many, many people would swear they notice dramatic improvement. That's just the nature of human perception. Our brains aren't trustworthy when we aren't comparing things side-by-side, apples to apples, at the same time.

Not that we've had enough real data either way to say anything definitively either way, of course. But that's the trend so far I think.

--H

While I don't have any official benches, having moved from a i7 [email protected] to a [email protected], there is absolutely no difference in gaming performance at 1920x1200 in the games that I play (Farcry 3, Metro Last Light, Hitman Absolution).

I haven't tested more CPU bound games, but so far my upgrade to Haswell hasn't changed my computing experience. With that being said, I do not regret the purchase. The new motherboard features and power savings were worth the upgrade.

The fact is that Haswell is a solid gaming upgrade if and only if you are being bottlenecked by your current CPU. Someone gaming at 1440p or 60hz with a single GPU is certainly not going to see the difference as much as those with multiple GPU's and faster refresh rates at lower resolutions, situations where the CPU is more likely to be a bottleneck in getting the most out of a system.

This is why its difficult to come to any single conclusion about whether or not a CPU upgrade is "worth it"... Just too many variables that greatly differ from machine to machine and the consumer has to be aware of what to expect for their own setup and needs.

This is why I don't agree with the "PS4 will usher in 8-core gaming any moment now, DON'T BUY HASWELL" mindset. The reality is that a four-year-old CPU can handle 2013 games at 2013 "enthusiast" resolutions at HQ settings as long as you have the GPU to match. This makes sense; modern CPUs are extremely powerful and a well-written game should be offloading the majority of the heavy lifting to the GPU anyway. AI algorithms, network I/O and HMI are important, but they don't need 8 cores @ 4GHz unless the game is spectacularly poorly written.

No chance of that, I'm not letting it go. :)

In any case, the 780 cost about the same as the CPU/MB/RAM of the Haswell box, so having the two side-by-side gave me a glimpse into how I would have felt if I'd upgraded my own PC to the 4770K and kept the GPU.

The one thing I do notice in her PC is the dramatically faster SSD performance. We both have 840 Pros. ICH10R has not aged nearly as well as the rest of the X58 platform.

I hear you on the SSD. My SSD transfer rated doubled with the upgrade to Haswell. Definitely noticeable day to day in how responsive and snappy the pc feels.

Everyone needs to stop talking about the CPU as if it has any material affect on gaming. Gaming has been always limited by your GPU power and very little by CPU (abet a small handful of games). Of course you are not going to get any improvement in gaming by upgrade from a 920 to 4770. This kind of topic has been beaten to death. If you want gaming improvement, always look towards you GPU. There is no bottleneck at the CPU...

I upgrade from a 4.2 920 to a 4.6 Haswell and my gaming "experience" has changed very little. Do I feel my games are a little smoother - probably. I don't know if I can quantify that or if its just a placebo effect. I DO notice faster boot times, snappier windows and enough of a noticeable overall computer experience to say that yes, for me, the upgrade has been worth it.

Everyone needs to stop talking about the CPU as if it has any material affect on gaming. Gaming has been always limited by your GPU power and very little by CPU (abet a small handful of games). Of course you are not going to get any improvement in gaming by upgrade from a 920 to 4770. This kind of topic has been beaten to death. If you want gaming improvement, always look towards you GPU. There is no bottleneck at the CPU...

I upgrade from a 4.2 920 to a 4.6 Haswell and my gaming "experience" has changed very little. Do I feel my games are a little smoother - probably. I don't know if I can quantify that or if its just a placebo effect. I DO notice faster boot times, snappier windows and enough of a noticeable overall computer experience to say that yes, for me, the upgrade has been worth it.
Well as the OP of a topic that has been "beaten to death" I feel compelled to point out a few things. First, there's a lot of absolutes in the above which are stated condescendingly with utter certainty, and then an unfortunate (though amusing) tendency to contradict yourself.

Terms like "always" and "any" and "no" with hardly any qualifiers around them is just setting oneself up for. . . well. . . being wrong.

After all, if we "all need to stop talking about this". . . because we should always look towards the GPU because the cpu will not give any improvement ever. . . I wonder why we aren't all still running our Pentium IIIs?

"[no] material affect". . . "not going to get any improvement". . . "always look towards you GPU". . . "there is no bottleneck at the CPU."

Only to then say that there was an effect for you and your games feel a little smoother.

Many of us spend top dollar on our video cards, and we don't want our underlying systems to hold them back to an appreciable degree. What is "appreciable" varies from person to person. . . hence the "beating" the topic to "death." Nobody (or very few) here are saying the i920 at 4+GHz is a huge drag on performance. But we know there will be some effect (contrary to your assertions stated with absolute certainty). And we seek to quantify that effect so we can make informed decisions.

The topic is valid. And especially with the recent release of a new CPU lineup, it's not "beaten to death." Please don't tell other folks what they should and shouldn't talk about. If you don't want to talk about it, please feel free to see your own way out of the thread.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well as the OP of a topic that has been "beaten to death" I feel compelled to point out a few things. First, there's a lot of absolutes in the above which are stated condescendingly with utter certainty, and then an unfortunate (though amusing) tendency to contradict yourself.

Excellent post Hurin. I couldn't have put it any better.

Terms like "always" and "any" and "no" with hardly any qualifiers around them is just setting oneself up for. . . well. . . being wrong.

After all, if we "all need to stop talking about this". . . because we should always look towards the GPU because the cpu will not give any improvement ever. . . I wonder why we aren't all still running our Pentium IIIs?

"[no] material affect". . . "not going to get any improvement". . . "always look towards you GPU". . . "there is no bottleneck at the CPU."

Only to then say that there was an effect for you and your games feel a little smoother.

Many of us spend top dollar on our video cards, and we don't want our underlying systems to hold them back to an appreciable degree. What is "appreciable" varies from person to person. . . hence the "beating" the topic to "death." Nobody (or very few) here are saying the i920 at 4+GHz is a huge drag on performance. But we know there will be some effect (contrary to your assertions stated with absolute certainty). And we seek to quantify that effect so we can make informed decisions.

The topic is valid. And especially with the recent release of a new CPU lineup, it's not "beaten to death." Please don't tell other folks what they should and shouldn't talk about. If you don't want to talk about it, please feel free to see your own way out of the thread.

:rolleyes:

You are probably right, I need to see myself out of threads like this. Carry on and keep arguing about why the 920 is enough for gaming.

You are probably right, I need to see myself out of threads like this. Carry on and keep arguing about why the 920 is enough for gaming.

I think you meant to say why the 920 "isn't" enough for gaming, or else you just made my mind explode.:eek:.:eek::eek:

Last edited:
I upgraded from i7 950 at 4GHZ to Haswell.

The newer z87 platform is nice and the CPU is 20% faster before overclock (i7 950 at 4GHZ = 4770k at stock). I'd say its 40-50% faster after overclock (4.2 to 4.7). Nice on benchmarks? Yes. Can I see increased performance? No.

I have 2 GTX 780s in SLI and they preformed the same on x58 and z87. I saw no real boost in games, but using newer Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400 OC, red) for RAMdisk, newer SSDs at SATA 6, and the new CPU gave a boost on paper. The z87 platform is a lot more refined and x58 feels old.

The biggest boost was going from 480 SLI to 780 SLI. IMO, if your on x58 and want a gaming performance increase, get some new graphics cards instead of spending money on a new platform.

I upgraded from i7 950 at 4GHZ to Haswell.

The newer z87 platform is nice and the CPU is 20% faster before overclock (i7 950 at 4GHZ = 4770k at stock). I'd say its 40-50% faster after overclock (4.2 to 4.7). Nice on benchmarks? Yes. Can I see increased performance? No.

I have 2 GTX 780s in SLI and they preformed the same on x58 and z87. I saw no real boost in games, but using newer Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400 OC, red) for RAMdisk, newer SSDs at SATA 6, and the new CPU gave a boost on paper. The z87 platform is a lot more refined and x58 feels old.

The biggest boost was going from 480 SLI to 780 SLI. IMO, if your on x58 and want a gaming performance increase, get some new graphics cards instead of spending money on a new platform.

But the X99 at late 2014? I cannot resist any longer!

One benefit is that my 4770k and gtx670 card work on my old 400 watt OCZ power supply just fine. I tried the 400 watt on my i7-920 o/c system once with a gtx460 card (iirc) and it wouldn't even power on.

In both cases my primary power supply was out of commission.

Small boon. But one of the only I've discovered in moving to haswell.

I recently upgraded from 920 stock to 3930K stock for video editing and 3d rendering, for gaming I dont think I saw that much of a difference in BF3, but I could tell that it was running alittle bit smoother. I'm also a multitask whore and always have more than 4 apps up at the sametime. Usually a webrowser or two, foobar 2k, MeGui, 1 or 2 explorer windows, core temp, fraps and a movie or a game running at the sametime.

I'm thinking I'd be better off increasing my RAM from 6GB to 12GB, and replacing my GTX 580s with GTX 780s. . . and leaving the CPU and motherboards as-is.

And with the money I save on not upgrading the CPU and motherboard, I'd then start saving towards a 30" LCD (waiting for an LED-based one that's good since I tried CFL-based and noticed the heat output too much -- could feel it on my face!).

makes more sense.. even 6GB ram is good enough though.. games dont use that much ram.. alt-tab system monitor and you will see

Did 4Ghz 920 to 4.5 Haswell. Did it for power consumption, crossfire bandwidth, and future-proofing. X58 system couldn't sleep at overclocked speeds, so the CPU itself was probably using close to 200 watts 24/7. With 7950 crossfire, the 4770K system is 15% greater at 1920x1200 maxed in Unigine Valley.

OP returns with some numbers.

I bit the bullet and upgraded to a 4770K. I got a good deal and the lure of a computer that could sleep, and USB3/Sata3 finally proved too much.

But as expected, there wasn't much improvement in games clock-for-clock. Here's the "improvement" with my 4770K momentarily clocked to the same clock speed as my i7 920: 4.1GHz. Same in-game settings.

Rome Total War 2
Extreme Profile - Average FPS: 47.0 --> 51
Ultra Profile - Average FPS: 74 --> 83

Company of Heroes 2
49.14 --> 50
Maximum profile- 33.1/32.84 --> 33.2

Rome saw a bit of a bump up (though not much). CoH2, almost none.

I bit the bullet and upgraded to a 4770K. I got a good deal and the lure of a computer that could sleep, and USB3/Sata3 finally proved too much.

But as expected, there wasn't much improvement in games clock-for-clock. Here's the "improvement" with my 4770K momentarily clocked to the same clock speed as my i7 920: 4.1GHz. Same in-game settings.

Rome Total War 2

Company of Heroes 2
49.14 --> 50

TY for posting your fps, what a great value the x58 platform is after all these years. Yes power consumption may be high and doesn't have the newest features but imo still the best bang/buck platform. Finding a motherboard at a reasonable price may be an issue but with 920s selling in the $60ish range or even an L5639 if you want 6 cores, 12 threads for whatever they're selling nowadays.

Rome Total War 2

Company of Heroes 2
49.14 --> 50

You might be GPU limited in CoH 2 actually. Anyway, yeah, I just went from a 920 to i7 4770k and haven't noticed a difference in most cases.

However, for some reason the Haswell architecture is beastly when it comes to Wii emulation. In Dolphin I saw a 50% improvement over the 920 at the same clock.

I'll have to try Grand Theft Auto IV again at some point as that was still really CPU limited on my 920,.

i moved back in time and decided to build hexa core x58 with asus formula lll that cost me a lot.

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Last edited:
Updating with scores from 4.7GHz OC of 4770k.

So it goes. . .

[email protected] --> [email protected] --> [email protected]

Rome Total War 2

Extreme Profile - Average FPS: 47.0 --> 51 --> 51.7
Ultra Profile - Average FPS: 74 --> 83 --> 84.1

At 1920x1200 you won't see hardly any improvement. But you mileage may vary with higher resolutions.

:(

Updating with scores from 4.7GHz OC of 4770k.

So it goes. . .

[email protected] --> [email protected] --> [email protected]

Rome Total War 2

Extreme Profile - Average FPS: 47.0 --> 51 --> 51.7
Ultra Profile - Average FPS: 74 --> 83 --> 84.1

At 1920x1200 you won't see hardly any improvement. But you mileage may vary with higher resolutions.

:(

Thanks for the benchmarks, Hurin. I wonder if there would be an impact on multi-GPU solutions.

I'm going to run these X58 setups till the capacitors blow off the board and rattle around inside the case.

best intel platform since Pentium3

I just upgraded from i7-930 @ 4.0Ghz to i7-4770K @ 4.6Ghz. I've noticed a tangible difference in Guild Wars 2.

I'm able to play fully at 2560x1600 full eye candy now with my overclocked GTX 770. On my i7-930 I could only do it at 1920x1200. But I think GW2 is heavily CPU dependent.

I'm happy with the upgrade though, especially moving to SATA III SSD's now too. :)

I just upgraded from i7-930 @ 4.0Ghz to i7-4770K @ 4.6Ghz. I've noticed a tangible difference in Guild Wars 2.

I'm able to play fully at 2560x1600 full eye candy now with my overclocked GTX 770. On my i7-930 I could only do it at 1920x1200. But I think GW2 is heavily CPU dependent.

I'm happy with the upgrade though, especially moving to SATA III SSD's now too. :)

yeah, my 920 runs with no issues. flawless. but SATA II drags down my Kingston 3k... :'[

at least conceptually cpu bound games that like high ipc should benefit from the improvements in ipc from newer generations of intel chips

Finally this thread got some real numbers, thanks OP for coming back and posting what you found.

I had been kicking around the upgrade can for awhile, but I had this feeling that I would be let down by the gains in performance. Looks like I will continue to hold on to my space heater for another winter maybe. :)

I too have an i7 920 on an EVGA X58 classified, all water cooled and running reliably at 4.1 - 4.2GHz without issue with 12GB RAM and tri-SLI GTX 580s. Debating on upgrading. Leaning toward not worth it though.

I too have an i7 920 on an EVGA X58 classified, all water cooled and running reliably at 4.1 - 4.2GHz without issue with 12GB RAM and tri-SLI GTX 580s. Debating on upgrading. Leaning toward not worth it though.

I had that exact same setup - same 12GB, same processor, same motherboard. Graphics card was a GTX 670. My I7-920 was oc'ed to 4.0ghz.

I moved to a I7-4770K with a MSI motherboard and 16GB of ram.

It was a waste of money from a performance expectation - I gained nothing tangible on any of the games I played. The only cool thing was the power and cooling differences. A mild overclock allowing 4.0ghz on a I7-4770k is pretty easy to manage on stock voltage, and stock voltage and the speed stepping on the 4770k really truly just sips power. It's very often that CPU-ID hardware monitor is telling me my CPU is using less than a watt or two. The power efficiency and speed stepping is much better on the fourth gen intel. If tht doesn't matter to you - then don't upgrade for the speed difference alone - at least as a gamer.

My Xeon L5639 and 780 is a total beast. I doubt I will need to upgrade anytime soon.

I had that exact same setup - same 12GB, same processor, same motherboard. Graphics card was a GTX 670. My I7-920 was oc'ed to 4.0ghz.

I moved to a I7-4770K with a MSI motherboard and 16GB of ram.

It was a waste of money from a performance expectation - I gained nothing tangible on any of the games I played. The only cool thing was the power and cooling differences. A mild overclock allowing 4.0ghz on a I7-4770k is pretty easy to manage on stock voltage, and stock voltage and the speed stepping on the 4770k really truly just sips power. It's very often that CPU-ID hardware monitor is telling me my CPU is using less than a watt or two. The power efficiency and speed stepping is much better on the fourth gen intel. If tht doesn't matter to you - then don't upgrade for the speed difference alone - at least as a gamer.

yeah, only reason why i didnt go with the 4770k, I would like the sata3, but dont feel like have to buy new mobo and ram.. im just waiting or a good/cheap price on a complete desktop with a xeon to go with now a days.. dont game as much as i like anymore

Hey guys I have found this topic and it's the only topic which has 'practical' replies/informations out of many in same league.
I am not hijacking this thread, but rather than creating a new one I thought it's better to ask here. Problem is I have been thinking to upgrade from my X58 based i7 950 to Haswell i7 4770k, which I am using for almost 3½ years. But every time I refrain. I am having this itch once for almost every week now, and it has got to a stage where I am getting kinda crazy.
Anyway, let me ask this again, as this topic is now silent for over a month, will it be a worthy upgrade., from i7 950 to i7 4770k? I am running mine at 3.7 GHz, honestly even at stock clock I haven't seen the CPU usage going anywhere near 100% while gaming. Gaming matters to me the most, games which have released so far, Ghosts, BF4, Arkham Origins etc, all these ran pretty fine when I un-parked all the cores, averaging at around 40-45 FPS, so if I had the 4770k would experience have been much better or marginal? My GPU is a GTX580 Lightning btw.
I don't care about benchmark results to be honest.

Hey guys I have found this topic and it's the only topic which has 'practical' replies/informations out of many in same league.
I am not hijacking this thread, but rather than creating a new one I thought it's better to ask here. Problem is I have been thinking to upgrade from my X58 based i7 950 to Haswell i7 4770k, which I am using for almost 3½ years. But every time I refrain. I am having this itch once for almost every week now, and it has got to a stage where I am getting kinda crazy.
Anyway, let me ask this again, as this topic is now silent for over a month, will it be a worthy upgrade., from i7 950 to i7 4770k? I am running mine at 3.7 GHz, honestly even at stock clock I haven't seen the CPU usage going anywhere near 100% while gaming. Gaming matters to me the most, games which have released so far, Ghosts, BF4, Arkham Origins etc, all these ran pretty fine when I un-parked all the cores, averaging at around 40-45 FPS, so if I had the 4770k would experience have been much better or marginal? My GPU is a GTX580 Lightning btw.

You could always buy a X5650 Xean (6core 1366 socket CPU) for $150 on ebay. Most get around 4.2-4.4ghz with ease.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1783399

It's what im running now :)

3d Mark 13 Scores:

GTX680 DUAL SETUPS
Name --- CPU @ X.XX --- (2) 680 -- GPU/MEM/Boost -- PWR/GPU/MEM -- 1PXXXX + 2PXXXX + 3PXXXX -- Cooling
1.DooRules --- 3960X @ 5.31GHz --- (2) 680 -- 1124/3630/1332 -- 175%/+45/+525 -- P + P + P14203 -- H20
2.CryptiK --- 990X @ 4.67GHz --- (2) 680 -- 1202/3712/1371 -- +300/+700/+171 -- P197911 + P34752 + P12608 -- H2O
3.The_Limit --- Intel 3770K @ 5.0Ghz --- (2) 680 Classy-- 1110/6008/117 -- +131%/+74/+550 -- P124893 + P29654 + P11975* -- Air
4.linuxrouter --- 3930K @ 4.41GHz --- (2) 680 -- 1220/3348/1267 -- +125%/+70/+250 -- P191821 + P34205 + P11896 -- Air
5.Hartsocks --- i7-3930K @ 4.5GHz --- (2)680 HC CL -- 1150/3649/1306 -- +132%/+100/+550--P163329 -- P31858 -- P11771 -- H2O
6.kbnj123 --- 3930k @ 4.17 --- (2) 680SC -- 1058/3105/1175 -- +100/+0/+0 -- P167625 + P31698 + P11443 -- Air
7.Mudvari --- 3770K @ 4.600 --- (2) 680 -- 1084MHz/6208MHz/1176MHz -- 100%/+0/+0 -- 175613 + 29706 + 11208 -- Air
8.bongholio --- (2) X5680 @ 4.50 --- (2) 680 Classified -- 1100/3004/1176 -- 100%/+0/+0 -- P181998 + P36881 + P10612 -- H2O
[B]9.JGONZ --- i7 920 @ 4.0 GHz --- (2) 680 -- 1110/3251/1189 -- 125%/+80/+250 -- P149071 + P24396 + P10542 -- AIR[/B]
10.Rei86 --- i7-3770k @ 4.5Ghz --- (2) 680C -- +131/+0/+0 -- P177147 + P26283 + P9523 -- Air

Valley Benchmarks:

GTX680 DUAL SETUP
DooRules -----------GTX 680(x2) -------- 4221
evfan----------------GTX 680(x2)---------4253
CryptiK--------------GTX 680 (x2)---------4106
glw165--------------GTX680x(2)----------4044
The_Limit-----------GTX 680(x2)---------4015
tommyk2005 ------GTX 680(x2)---------3967
Andr3 22-----------GTX 680(x2)----------3941
musicman44857--GTX 680(x2)----------3930
razorbladex401---GTX 680(x2)---------3899
Scott2008Z06-----GTX680 (x2)---------3875
iiDeadSeriousii----GTX 680 (x2)---------3762
dbkams-------------GTX 680(x2)---------3733
rjbarker-------------GTX 680(x2)---------3729
Chemceb-----------GTX 680(x2)---------3681
Khalus-------------GTX 680(x2)----------3605
kbnj123-----------GTX 680(x2)----------3554
Davestune--------GTX 680(X2)---------3554
loveha-------------GTX 680(x2)----------3546
comrade-----------GTX 680(x2)----------3531
NIR_Rimc----------GTX 680(x2)----------3523
[B]JGONZ ------------GTX 680(x2)----------3500 [/B]
jrees---------------GTX 680(X2)----------3450
NukemX5----------GTX 680(x2)----------3383
Chad R-------------GTX 680(x2)----------3379
EscAnnihilator----GTX 680(x2)----------3334
evilmustang66----GTX 680(x2)---------3263

My [email protected] ghz will continue to satisfy my needs in gaming. I purchased 2x 680s almost 2 years ago and I haven't had an itch since. The pc was built in 2009!!!!:D

i920
Asus p6t Delux
6 gigs of Corsair DD3 Triple Channel at 1600
2x 680s SLI
Intel SSD 120
Win 7 64 bit
3TB storage platters
27inch Samsung

I play at 1080 and all of my games run awesome with little sacrifice if any to graphic quality. I cap my frames at 60hz.

The only itch I have lately is for ASUS 27 inch with VSYNC @120hz 1440p later this year.

Hope that helps you.

Back