Intel i7 7820x Brand New from Newegg $469

get 5% back with the chase amazon card, offsets the tax

damn this is the cpu i want, but still need a matx board, ddr4 ram and a video card upgrade too.

Faaaak I couldn't decide between this and the 8700k

Who am I kidding: I can't even keep the 6 core cpu cool

Faaaak I couldn't decide between this and the 8700k

Who am I kidding: I can't even keep the 6 core cpu cool

Bah. I have an 8700k at 5Ghz 24/7 in an air starved Phanteks Evolv and I rarely get above the low 60s. Just gotta delid that sucker.

Bah. I have an 8700k at 5Ghz 24/7 in an air starved Phanteks Evolv and I rarely get above the low 60s. Just gotta delid that sucker.
That's too hardcore for my comfort level :p

I had one of these chips, 160 watt TDP and it easily ran 200 watts. I could barely cool it with a top end 240mm AIO in a Corsair 740. Ended up returning it for a Threadripper, which oddly runs below TDP spec with 50% more cores, so go figure.

Not sure about your state, but I would be looking at $30 in taxes from amazon in MI.
With the shit the state of Connecticut pulled with newegg recently I expect other states coming for back sales taxes soon also. Going to suck to get a $500+ tax bill from the Maryland for everything I brought online in the past 4 years if they decide to follow Connecticut.

I had one of these chips, 160 watt TDP and it easily ran 200 watts. I could barely cool it with a top end 240mm AIO in a Corsair 740. Ended up returning it for a Threadripper, which oddly runs below TDP spec with 50% more cores, so go figure.
Yea, I don't know why intel continually fails here. It's like 5 cents of thermal paste difference....

With the shit the state of Connecticut pulled with newegg recently I expect other states coming for back sales taxes soon also. Going to suck to get a $500+ tax bill from the Maryland for everything I brought online in the past 4 years if they decide to follow Connecticut.

I blame Newegg not Connecticut. The state didn't use any legal mumbo jumbo - they just asked and Newegg rolled over and just gave all the data without any resistance at all. I personally am not buying anymore from Newegg.

I blame Newegg not Connecticut. The state didn't use any legal mumbo jumbo - they just asked and Newegg rolled over and just gave all the data without any resistance at all. I personally am not buying anymore from Newegg.
It is not just newegg. The state hit up all big online retailers.

I'm with you on this.
I'll stick to the desktop peasant lineup.
We use HEDT at work and I don't want to go though the trouble and expense for home use.

I benchrace x299 builds when I see deals and I keep hitting a ~$600 ram wall.

If I really wanted to run a heavily multi-threading workload no one questions my AWS spend and I have data center access to rows I've built.

It is not just newegg. The state hit up all big online retailers.

To my knowledge Newegg was the only big retailer to roll over though. It's one thing to start collecting going forward, another to hand over years of records without a fight.

To my knowledge Newegg was the only big retailer to roll over though. It's one thing to start collecting going forward, another to hand over years of records without a fight.

They didn't have to do it this way.
It is easier for them if there's an issue with their books.
Long term I'm not buying anything from Newegg bc I don't need a shoe to drop.

They didn't have to do it this way.
It is easier for them if there's an issue with their books.
Long term I'm not buying anything from Newegg bc I don't need a shoe to drop.
Sadly I doubt I will buy from them again myself also. I am fine if they just start charging tax but for back taxes for the 3 years is really shitty of that Connecticut. NE just proabably did what was the cheapest/easiest option. If they just ignore the state I am sure they were going to get into a legal battle that they didn't want.

Sadly I doubt I will buy from them again myself also. I am fine if they just start charging tax but for back taxes for the 3 years is really shitty of that Connecticut. NE just proabably did what was the cheapest/easiest option. If they just ignore the state I am sure they were going to get into a legal battle that they didn't want.

There's no legal battle unless Newegg can't cough up a negotiable lower amount, or simply agree to "from this day forward we will comply by xxxxxx".
Very rarely will the franchise tax board at the state level ever bother to deal with something like this in a punitive manner unless tax avoidance is proven.
Maybe they want to avoid a State audit, bc they are usually more rabid than the IRS.
My father was an IRS Agent that retired above GS15, so yeah IRS has other things to do with the hours and man power.

Even then, then you have to get the CA Atty General + BOE involved and frankly what gain is there for either State?

I ride a keyboard for a living, other people in my family have confidential plates and carry pay grades that made family dinner conversations creepy to your average person.

They wouldn't want to go this route bc it makes them work REALLY hard for small ball sales tax recovery.
Most Divisions have other things to do that would add gold stars to their work history.
Do 1 procedure, collect a bunch of $ from the retailers and service providers, done.

This is, drudgery.

Few bucks cheaper now at $467. Newegg is even offering a polar bear free speaker.

Back