Intel i7-3770k $159.99 on eBay

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core...BX80637I73770K-Processor-LGA1155/123002841291

I'm not sure about the rules on this, but I figured this was a good community to share it with. It appears to be a shop that parts out PCs and sells the parts. I've been looking for either a good deal on a 3770k for awhile, and they usually sell for $170-200ish; 6 are currently available (I just bought one).

For anyone looking to refresh an old box, it's not a bad option! The 3570k generally sells for $70-80 if you're looking for a budget 1155 system upgrade.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Eh, just my 2 cents you can get a Ryzen 5 1600 for 10 bucks more, and have newer motherboard / bios / features. I guess if you want to make use of a lot of DDR3 and a top of the line motherboard still, this would be a decent option.

This is about the going rate used on the forums..... might even be a little cheaper here and you're not dealing with eBay shenanigans... *shrug*

This was mostly for dudes like me who want a drop-in replacement to their 1155 boxes as opposed to building new (building new would be something entirely different) and still want to overclock. That said, that HP all-in-one is a pretty dope deal as well!

I grabbed an ebay 3770k at that same price (yes, most go for ~185) and sold my i5 here. No issues with the sales and the i7 is delidded and overclocked, limited only by my board.

I would have gone r5 1600 instead, but for current ddr4 prices. Intel has Ivy Bridge Spectre microcode fixes in beta, and hopefully they won't gimp it too much. Windows just pushed the Skylake ones via windows update and that's good because sure as $hit Asrock won't be updating the bios on this old z77.

I grabbed an ebay 3770k at that same price (yes, most go for ~185) and sold my i5 here. No issues with the sales and the i7 is delidded and overclocked, limited only by my board.

I would have gone r5 1600 instead, but for current ddr4 prices. Intel has Ivy Bridge Spectre microcode fixes in beta, and hopefully they won't gimp it too much. Windows just pushed the Skylake ones via windows update and that's good because sure as $hit Asrock won't be updating the bios on this old z77.

I saw that one sell! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I considered it too, but I'm an old man now and didn't want to deal with the mounting issues that come with it; my last delidded processor was an opteron 165 lol.

A 3770k recently came and went very quickly here for an asking price of 110.

Just sold my Hawell 4790K from 2014-15 because I upgraded twice since then but that was with the Intel Retail Edge program.

Or you could just stick with the non-k and get an entire machine for $145...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-8300-EL...407296&hash=item4d6f3bc3a5:g:NrcAAOSwcUBYMzPK

MC also has deals if you watch for systems with the 3770K as well, full system for $200. Picked one up for my parents it has a 1TB HDD, 16GB RAM, and the 3770K, swapped in a SSD and bang, perfect system. But ebay also has them all day long in just about any configuration you could want. Kinda hard to upgrade an old system when for the same price or a few bucks more you can get a working system and put the old one to server/media duty.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back