Intel i7-2700k spotted!!

Ouch, that's quite a bit more than what the 2600k is at. That's $65 more than the 2600k an Amazon.

No way is that any kind of hot deal, unless it consistently posts really good overclocking numbers.

Why would you post this in the hot deals section?

#1 its OOS

#2 its a 100MHz boost to a cpu that overclocks ridiculously well for $70 more

#3 We all know Bulldozer's launch was disappointing and those waiting to buy their next CPU may be waiting for this, but it can't be bought today anyways.

#4 Ivy Bridge is just around the corner

I heard Gadaffi had a golden i7-2700k that was binned to perfection when he got caught.

Ouch, that's quite a bit more than what the 2600k is at. That's $65 more than the 2600k an Amazon.

No way is that any kind of hot deal, unless it consistently posts really good overclocking numbers.

#1 its OOS

#3 We all know Bulldozer's launch was disappointing and those waiting to buy their next CPU may be waiting for this, but it can't be bought today anyways.

If you can find it cheaper somewhere, then say so, otherwise this is a Hot Deal for some people. No need to complain about the reasons why you don't want it or why you don't think the price is hot.

If you can find it cheaper somewhere, then say so, otherwise this is a Hot Deal for some people. No need to complain about the reasons why you don't want it or why you don't think the price is hot.
What part of it is Out of Stock is confusing to you? That was the #1 reason in my post on why this shouldn't be in the hot deals. Its a hot deal for no one as no one can buy it from the original link.

#1 its OOS

I agree but #4 isnt a valid point. There's always something around the corner

So, because a seller has it up on their site before anyone else does, and everyone will be making it available on the same day, at possibly a lower price, this automatically makes it a hot deal?

Actually yes, for some people. Some people do want the best of the best of the best.

Bulldozer is fucked now.

It fucked itself the moment it was released...

On-topic, $400 for a processor is ridiculous. The 920 wasn't even that much when it first came out, and it's still awesome.

Unless these are binned 2600k's (which I seriously doubt) then the only upgrade here over a 2600k is a psychological one.

And unless you're interested in spending $700-$1000 for an X79 based motherboard/CPU combo in the next 6-8 weeks so you can say you have 6 cores, then 2500k/2600k are the CPU's to stay with until Ivy Bridge in May/June 2012.

This is one of the hottest overpriced deals that can't be purchased I've seen in a few days. Can we sticky this?

If you guys were to just use common sense and nothing more, your inner-chi would tell you that all you need for this next year is a 2500k / 2600k. You are not going to need to spend these great sums of money on anything else other than 3 things. That I have listed below.

It's really not that expensive to get into a 2600k, Corsair h100, 8gigs of pc2000 ddr3 and a great motherboard that will give you blazing performance that I absolutely promise will carry you well into 2013. 4.8 - 4.9 and even 5.0+ghz, 8 cores, 48x104 whatever is blazing blazing fast. I know, check my sig, I've been able to re-create these numbers, stable numbers several times using different boards and 2600k cpu's.

A 2700k at $400 dollars? LAWLZ. Yeah riiiiiiight.

That $400 can be spent nicely on the following:

1) New Nvidia / ATI video card ( whichever wins at bencmarks )
2) SSD (over) 128gig as most of us have a SSD that's 60,90, or 120+
or
3) Larger monitor, 24" ~ 30"

I can see Intel starving the 2600k out of the market to raise the price or force consumers to more expensive solutions. Let's face it, BD not only let us down as potential customers BIG TIME but most likely cost us more money out of pocket over the next few years as Intel now has no competition and as a result, we will see higher prices, i.e., more for less.

2700k is priced at $332 recommended. Pricing error on Amazon's end. I imagine microcenter will have it for much cheaper / have tons of combo deals going on. So really only $15-20 more than a 2600k. Not a bad deal if you're looking to have a better chance at 4.8ghz-5ghz.

If you guys were to just use common sense and nothing more, your inner-chi would tell you that all you need for this next year is a 2500k / 2600k. You are not going to need to spend these great sums of money on anything else other than 3 things. That I have listed below.

Its a $15 difference over the 2600K. How is that a great sum of money?

Im waiting for AMD's Thundercat in 5 years MEOW! Until then Intel all the way.

So tell me this, is this chip is the "#1" best consumer CPU chip out right now? Between AMD AND Intel? AND... Only @ $382 bucks?! :eek:

Remember when the "best" gamer CPU was $999-$1,200? That was not even 5 years ago!

And ram used to cost hundreds, and now we have it at $50 for as much as you need. lol the times have changed.... for the better!

What about these 8 core chips? AMD isn't making a new batch to release soon to compete with these i7 chips?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back