Intel i5-4690 and Asrock H110 Pro

Hi all, I recently bought the asrock h110 BTC+ pro motherboard, and I have an unopened i5-4690 cpu. Could someone tell me if its compatable, I'm really nervous about damaging the pins if it's not. Thank you so much.

Hi all, I recently bought the asrock h110 BTC+ pro motherboard, and I have an unopened i5-4690 cpu. Could someone tell me if its compatable, I'm really nervous about damaging the pins if it's not. Thank you so much.
If you need a cheap cpu for this board grab a pentium 4460 from eBay. I'm using it in the same board in my rack.

Will not work at all together. In fact, the CPU and the socket are completely incompatible with one another. The i5-4690 is too old for the motherboard's socket: It uses LGA 1150, while the H110 motherboard is LGA 1151 - and the two sockets are not compatible, not even physically. You will need a 6000- or 7000-series Intel CPU for that motherboard.

The proper board for the i5-4690 uses an 8- or 9-series Intel chipset, such as an H81 chipset or a Z97 chipset.

The i5-7400 can sometimes be found on eBay for OK prices. So that might be a solution for that board.

As for the unopened 4690 CPU, there are still H81 motherboards in stock on web sites like newegg.

The i5-7400 can sometimes be found on eBay for OK prices. So that might be a solution for that board.

As for the unopened 4690 CPU, there are still H81 motherboards in stock on web sites like newegg.

Looks like he's using it for mining. Not sure how many "good" H81 mining boards there were, nor how they compare to the H110 versions.

Looks like he's using it for mining. Not sure how many "good" H81 mining boards there were, nor how they compare to the H110 versions.
Well, if he's considering a new computer, I just read a HotHardware article that pretty much points to a 6 core with 12 threads when it comes to how many cores you need. So it's possible to sell those things and go with an 11400 or etc.

Well, if he's considering a new computer, I just read a HotHardware article that pretty much points to a 6 core with 12 threads when it comes to how many cores you need. So it's possible to sell those things and go with an 11400 or etc.

Do you have a link to the article?

Ok, but he has a "mining" board with the implication being that he's looking to set up a mining rig. I don't think you need a 6C/12T CPU to mine with. Sure, if he's not mining, then sell the board while it is valuable and get a gaming board.
My cousin still mines eth on a single core Sempron 145.

I don't know if you can make any assumptions about what the op wants to do because this person didn't know that CPU was not compatible with that board.

I don't know if you can make any assumptions about what the op wants to do because this person didn't know that CPU was not compatible with that board.

I don't know. I can't see why you would pay more for a mining board if you weren't going to use it. I get it not everybody is tech savvy, but it's a pretty fair assumption at this point they are mining if they are going to pay up for a mining board.

I don't know. I can't see why you would pay more for a mining board if you weren't going to use it. I get it not everybody is tech savvy, but it's a pretty fair assumption at this point they are mining if they are going to pay up for a mining board.
thats what i assumed too...

Back