Intel i5 3337U vs Intel i3 3227U

colore

Limp Gawd
hello!

is there a real life noticed difference between these two processors?

Intel i5 3337U vs Intel i3 3227U

thanks!

It looks like the i5 has turbo, while the i3 doesn't. The i5 will be significantly faster in anything single-threaded.

ah, that's very bad news

however I read " It is activated when the operating system requests the highest performance state of the processor."

how many times may this happen?

what is the gain of the Turbo? if it is less than 10% it's not worthy.

I am asking, since these processors seem to have the same price.

According to the Intel spec sheet, the turbo of the i5 is 2.7 ghz, which is fairly significant from a base clock of 1.8. How often it happens depends on the programs you run.

If they're the same price, you might as well get the i5 since it is superior to the i3, there is nothing that it is inferior in.

well, I am actually trying to decide between Lenovo Yoga i3-3227 and Lenovo Yoga i5-3337 that have $100 difference

I would like to know if it worths it

but afterall, in all my pc I never had actual problem with cpu's, it was always (afaik) the RAM or the HDD that was the bottleneck

Highly depends on what you will use your laptop for.

maximum usage:

900 tabs opened (but not all loaded) in web browser (usually consumes 1,5GB memory)
email checker
word processing
pdf viewing

that's all

I can tell you my i7 in my ultra book runs with the turbo on most of the time at 2.5ghz, I would spring for the i5, but I wouldn't go i7 for an ultrabook (mine just happened to have i7 for the same price but I doubt the extra cache on the i7 helps all that much).

Back