Intel i3-6100 x GTX 1060, Good Combo?

Aruto

n00b
Well, im aiming for 60 fps average build for some majority games like Farcry4, GTA5, World of Warships
Doom

is this combo good? after buying it might wanna upgrade it.....maybe next year

Well, im aiming for 60 fps average build for some majority games like Farcry4, GTA5, World of Warships
Doom

is this combo good? after buying it might wanna upgrade it.....maybe next year

What resolution are you gaming at? The 6100 is a great budget CPU. I'm sure you'll be fine gaming with it at 1080p. Just be sure to get some fast ram as it scales really well with Skylake & a SSD drive.

atm still gaming at 768p later will upgrade if i can save more money :sorry: (heavily focused at GPU)

atm still gaming at 768p later will upgrade if i can save more money :sorry: (heavily focused at GPU)

Nothing wrong with that. It'll be a good build for that resolution , even at 1080p when you decide to upgrade your monitor in the future, you will probably be good at 1440p with medium to high settings depending on the game.

I run a 6100 with a 1060 and 16gigs of ram @ stock. Far cry 4, Witcher 3, BF 4, GTA V and whatever else I throw at it can easily handle 60 frames @1080p on high. Every once in a my framerate drops to the high 40s, but that's as low as Ive seen, and it doesn't last for more than a split second.

It's a great 1080p setup without breaking the bank.

@2k I imagine this setup may have issues keeping 60+, with 4k don't even bother. But for 1080p and under, you're golden.

Last edited:
I run a 6100 with a 1060 and 16gigs of ram. Far cry 4, Witcher 3, BF 4, GTA V and whatever else I throw at it can easily handle 60 frames @1080p on high. Every once in a my framerate drops to the high 40s, but that's as low as Ive seen, and it doesn't last for more than a split second.

It's a good setup without breaking the bank.

@2k I imagine this setup may have issues keeping 60+, with 4k don't even bother. But for 1080p and under, you're golden.

What memory stick you were using?

Back