Intel i3 530 Retail $79 Frys B&M

rhansen5_99

2[H]4U
Just noticed in the Dallas Morning news that Fry's has the i3-530 for $79. It looks like a retail cpu.
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=9801513&subid=30993162&type=

They also have a MSI p55 board for 50 AR.
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=9801516&subid=30993317&type=

And a 9600gso for 19 AR
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?advid=2519&adid=9801513&subid=30993146&type=

Not too bad a deal if you need a low power dual core for a HTPC :)

Aw come on, why can't I get a GD Frys anywhere near me!? :(

no shit, that i3 530 is a beast of a cpu for the price from what I've seen in reviews, and to be able to get it for $30 less...? huge win for those that get it...

FML...

EDIT: plus I have an IntelDH55HC and 4x1GBs of DDR3 sitting and doing nothing...?

FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCKKKK...!!!

AHHHH! Come to Ohio, Fry's! I've been wanting an i3-530 for months for a web server build.

Holy smokes that's the lowest I've seen the i3-530 since TD's $75 price after BCB. I completely regret not buying it then and I would've picked it up now if I didn't sway toward the Q9550 in between then and now. :(

If you want it and have a Fry's near you...BUY! You won't see it this low for a while.

Eyeing this for a potential WHS build. It is the ultimate WHS chip in my opnion.

From what I remember in benchmarks the i3-530 is close if not better than a q6600(105w) at a lot less power(73w), because of hyper threading and core i3 thread enhancements. Not to mention the i3 underclocks itself when not being taxed.

The i3-530 makes for an amazing gaming CPU when overclocked. There are a number of articles on Tom's Hardware that showcase this little CPU going toe to toe with the 870 and 965 in gaming applications.

From what I remember in benchmarks the i3-530 is close if not better than a q6600(105w) at a lot less power(73w), because of hyper threading and core i3 thread enhancements. Not to mention the i3 underclocks itself when not being taxed.

Be sure to note that this CPU is dual core and the Q6600 is a quad core.

The i3-530 makes for an amazing gaming CPU when overclocked. There are a number of articles on Tom's Hardware that showcase this little CPU going toe to toe with the 870 and 965 in gaming applications.

Yeah. my i3 is overclocked to 3.8 ghz and undervolted. I can't complain at all. This is a fantastic processor and has played pretty much all games with zero problems. Grab it while you can!

Wow $80 for the 540. I wish I waited instead of buying the Q9550. I would have a nice mATX gaming machine with this cute CPU.

From what I know i3 doesn't have hyperthreading,;).

Is it just me, or has Fry's stopped doing MB/CPU combos lately? :(

It's not you, no more combos at frys. Only cpu's for sale from now on, and if you are lucky you might see a motherboard on sale separately. It is hilairous yesterday a guy came in for i7 950 for $260 and he asked me what board it came with, :rolleyes:. LOL, he said he assumed it came with a motherboard even though the ad didn't say shit, haha.

It's not you, no more combos at frys. Only cpu's for sale from now on, and if you are lucky you might see a motherboard on sale separately. It is hilairous yesterday a guy came in for i7 950 for $260 and he asked me what board it came with, :rolleyes:. LOL, he said he assumed it came with a motherboard even though the ad didn't say shit, haha.

I hope you are young and resilient because I could NOT do what you do.

I hope you are young and resilient because I could NOT do what you do.

I guess I am 25 years young, lol. Feel like this job is aging me like OBAMA did running for office, 8 years of aging in 3 years of work.

Too bad this is not a 775 socket. I got my hopes up because everyone is comparing this to Q6600 and Q95xx with I believe are both Socket 775.

Im going to curl in a ball and cry if this is true :(

I actually found 2 new (but dusty) duron combos in the garage the other day while cleaning it. Thats right, 2 unopened MB/CPU combos that I just had to buy because of their price (they were like $40 or something ridiculous) but never found use for.

I have stacks of old used ECS K7S5A's in my garage too :(

Im going to curl in a ball and cry if this is true :(

I actually found 2 new (but dusty) duron combos in the garage the other day while cleaning it. Thats right, 2 unopened MB/CPU combos that I just had to buy because of their price (they were like $40 or something ridiculous) but never found use for.

I have stacks of old used ECS K7S5A's in my garage too :(

sorry Sir, I didn't care if we had combos at work, lol. But so far we have been told that no more combos for the time being, and it has been like that for around a month now. You never know they might bring them back if they loose too much sales, but so far it is not that bad.

sorry Sir, I didn't care if we had combos at work, lol. But so far we have been told that no more combos for the time being, and it has been like that for around a month now. You never know they might bring them back if they loose too much sales, but so far it is not that bad.

I would be curious as to the numbers for the combos because crowds in here know to grab the combo and not to speak to anyone on the way to the register and out the door. The combos were just insane. It must have been advantageous at some point from a marketing perspective.

I did cry reading that they were going away. I missed an i7 combo by a day because I forgot to check the ads and I just told myself that they would come back around eventually but when it ended up being all separate deals I starting sweating a little. Low and behold, I bought the i7 930 at a little under retail and they go and do a i7 950 for $259. Motherfu....

I think the awesome combos of the past are dead because of Ausaf Umar Siddiqui, skimming 65 mill from Frys and ECS http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...llegedly-stole-65m-to-pay-gambling-debts.html
:eek:

NA that was a while ago, they actually started doing combos after that, we didn't have them for a while. Actually we did have combos but they weren't negative sales, but then they started doing negative combos to drive in customers, but now they are just putting the processor on sale, and we usually see boards on sale too but it is not guarantee that they will be the same socket as the cpu that goes on sale.

Back