Intel HD graphic vs ATI Radeon 5145 vs Nvidia 310M ?

lukx

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to buy Sony Vaio but I'm not sure which model to choose based on graphic card it has inside. Basically I need enough graphic power for processing photographs in adobe photoshop. I'm not gonna do any hardcore gaming etc. I guess Intel HD would suck the most. But I'm not sure if there is big difference between ATI 5145 vs nvida 310M .

ATi 5145 for sure...still kinda crappy, but it is the best out of all of them. And yeah...Intel HD does equal the suck!

Unless you're doing tons of photoshop work you will not notice much difference between any of the three.

Photoshop does support hardware acceleration for some filters, but if you aren't using it all the time then it probably won't matter it will just take a little bit longer depending on the image size.

If you want you could look into something on nvidia optimus platform with switchable graphics.
That way you get best of both worlds low TDP of intel GPU and "power" of GF310*.

*through it's suprisingly powerfull for something with only 16sp as you can even run stuff like Bioshock or Empire Total war on it.

Back