Intel Haswell Refresh Price List?

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at ComputerBase have posted what they claim is the official price list for Intel's upcoming Haswell refresh processors. The desktop processors are listed below, hit the link for the mobile processor line-up.

Isn't it well past time for a 4Ghz+ stock frequency cpu? I really miss the days Intel and AMD were at each others throats.

the TDP varies based on the letter at the end, says Techreport.

S-series = 65w
T-series = 35-45w

It's good to see a small price drop on the entry level celeron to $42 though

Isn't it well past time for a 4Ghz+ stock frequency cpu? I really miss the days Intel and AMD were at each others throats.

Nope. They are reaching the limits of transistor gate length, which is what really determines how fast a CPU can get. If these get any smaller, electrons will leak from the emitter to the collector and there will be no voltage at the base.

Unless the scientists come up with some revolutionary new way of building CPUs (that aren't built on semiconductor and transistor gate technology) we probably won't see any breakthroughs in ghz speed.

Thanks for the heads up! I keep track of cpus and rough prices as I am looking at a new build soon. I can wait a little longer for the refresh. Usually I build and the new line comes out the next day.

Thanks for the heads up! I keep track of cpus and rough prices as I am looking at a new build soon. I can wait a little longer for the refresh. Usually I build and the new line comes out the next day.

Glad I'm not the only one that constantly has that happen. :D

Nope. They are reaching the limits of transistor gate length, which is what really determines how fast a CPU can get. If these get any smaller, electrons will leak from the emitter to the collector and there will be no voltage at the base.

Unless the scientists come up with some revolutionary new way of building CPUs (that aren't built on semiconductor and transistor gate technology) we probably won't see any breakthroughs in ghz speed.

I came across this the other day

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/04/140409093613.htm

now.. IF they can get it out of the lab.. we could see much faster CPU/GPU's

I'm not talking about major leaps. I'm talking about a couple hundred mhz which the CPUs already reach in turbo mode(the 4790 is 3.6Ghz regular and 4Ghz turbo) and many people here have absolutely rock solid stable overclocked machines running at already. I think they can definitely hit 4Ghz stock frequency with current technology and might even be able to stretch it to 4.2-4.3Ghz. I know they can't produce huge quantity that can do that, but they should be able to bin enough for those of us rich or crazy enough to actually buy them.

Prices aren't really that bad. Might be time for an upgrade for my 'aging' 2600K (it handles everything perfectly, but I just want an excuse to upgrade...).

the TDP varies based on the letter at the end, says Techreport.

S-series = 65w
T-series = 35-45w

It's good to see a small price drop on the entry level celeron to $42 though

Ahh the T "green" processors. More money for less power but hey, it uses less energy because its clocked slower but takes more time to do things, which uses more energy but GREEN!

Please don't bother upgrading the 2600k, please.

I don't need to. Not at all. I'm fine. But, every few years in the past there has been a good upgrade path that made it worth it. Now, it's just a small increase that I'll get (definitely not the best bang for the buck)... I just have the upgrade itch. It feels weird not having a whole new kick ass CPU to buy, like in the past.

I don't need to. Not at all. I'm fine. But, every few years in the past there has been a good upgrade path that made it worth it. Now, it's just a small increase that I'll get (definitely not the best bang for the buck)... I just have the upgrade itch. It feels weird not having a whole new kick ass CPU to buy, like in the past.

arguably with overclocking you're not going to see any increase at all. We should all refuse to buy anything past sandy bridge till we're given a product worth upgrading to.

I'm still waiting for some game/program that will use more than two of the cores that I currently have on my quad CPU.

CPU's are as interesting now as reviewing routers...wait. :p

Good explanation but modern CPUs use MOS technology rather than BJT. So you should replace emitter with source, collector with drain and base with gate. :)

It's probably safe to say if they don't come up with a new technology, we wont see any improvements after about 5 years from now when they start getting into single digit nanometer process.

Ahh the T "green" processors. More money for less power but hey, it uses less energy because its clocked slower but takes more time to do things, which uses more energy but GREEN!

That's not really the main selling point. These are good for itx cases as you don't need a standard size heatsink and power supply.

Back