Intel GT 1000 Driver update FAIL!

MinPins

Limp Gawd
I have an Intel GT 1000 NIC installed in my XP Pro SP3 PC.

I downloaded the driver update file for this NIC: "PROWin32.exe", version 16.6, dated 9/30/2011 for Windows XP 32 bit.

The install failed with the following error message:

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

I emailed these details to Intel Tech Support but have not yet heard back from them.

I searched my PC for "VC90_CRT_x86" and found it in many *.cab files but not as a single file anywhere else on my computer.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the new driver to install?

I'm using the GT 1000 because the Realtek NIC that is on my MOBO failed a couple of years ago.

Image3.jpg

Isn't the file it's looking for, a file from the installer from a previouse intel installation...

Try installing a previouse version then go to the newer one ?

Thanks for the idea.
I reinstalled the existing driver and tried to install the new one again with the same results.

might try extracing the executable, and manually installing the drivers.
you can extract the contents of the EXE with 7zip

I used 7zip to extract all of the drivers.
The package contains drivers for essentially all of their NICs from 10/100 to 10GB models.
Took a bit of digging but I finally found the one for my card.
It was pretty much the only one in the package that had not been updated, so after all of that I was running the current driver.
When I hear back from Intel I will post their solution.

I used 7zip to extract all of the drivers.
The package contains drivers for essentially all of their NICs from 10/100 to 10GB models.
Took a bit of digging but I finally found the one for my card.
It was pretty much the only one in the package that had not been updated, so after all of that I was running the current driver.
When I hear back from Intel I will post their solution.

Good job MinPins, little self teching never hurts :)

Dash.

Back