Intel Enthusiast-Grade K Processors in the Comet Lake-S Family Rumored to Feature 125 W TDP

erek

[H]F Junkie
Finally K-line processors leak out into the wild!

"A leaked slide from momomo on Twitter shows, if real, that Intel's future enthusiast-grade CPUs (likely i5-10600K, i7-10700K and i9-10900K) will feature this 125 W TDP, while other launches in that family will make do with the more traditional 65 W TDP (interesting to see that Intel has some 10-core CPUs with 65 W TDP, the same as their current 9900, despite two more cores). A footnote on the leaked slide shows that these K processors can be configured for a 95 W TDP, but this would likely come at a significant cost to operating frequency. Intel seems to be bringing a knife to a gunfight (in terms of core counts and TDP) with AMD's Ryzen 3000 and perhaps Ryzen 4000 CPUs, should those and Intel's future offerings actually coexist in the market."

https://www.techpowerup.com/262438/...et-lake-s-family-rumored-to-feature-125-w-tdp

If the 10980XE is any indicator, these CPU's should overclock pretty well. It may be possible to hit 5.0GHz on the 10 core part. You can almost do it on the 18c/36t 10980XE.

125w on the 6 core part? It better have at least a 4.5 ghz base to justify that tdp. The 8 core will most likely be similar to the 4.0ghz base in the 9900ks. The 10 core will probably be closer to 3.7ghz base.

125w on the 6 core part? It better have at least a 4.5 ghz base to justify that tdp. The 8 core will most likely be similar to the 4.0ghz base in the 9900ks. The 10 core will probably be closer to 3.7ghz base.

The clocks will almost certainly be higher on the 125w TDP parts with low core counts. Where those will settle, I don't know.

Well I was accurate with the 10 core estimate. It looks to be 9900KS levels of silicon or better. Just to be clear, 5.3 GHZ is single core "velocity boost". All core Velocity is 4.9 ghz. I'm guessing 300 watts at those clocks.
The 8 core part looks to be an 8700k with 33% more cores and 33% more TDP so similiar levels of silicon.
The 6 core part looks to be a slightly worse performing 8700k.

Anyone else amped for Velocity Boosts?

EM2VaMnVUAAJBhY?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg

Using the metric scale of velocity in reference to computer processors is just stupid, frequency and velocity are very different and unless they mean your chassis is going to fly through your window due to high pressure build up and explosive decompression, and the speed of which it flies through your window will be measured in velocity then yeah sure. The term Velocity boost sounds like intel marketing is full of stupid by choice people.....Ryan was this you?

Using the metric scale of velocity in reference to computer processors is just stupid, frequency and velocity are very different and unless they mean your chassis is going to fly through your window due to high pressure build up and explosive decompression, and the speed of which it flies through your window will be measured in velocity then yeah sure. The term Velocity boost sounds like intel marketing is full of stupid by choice people.....Ryan was this you?
Well, turbo isn't exactly logical either (there's no turbine in a processor), but I agree it sounds ridiculous. I assume it was chosen because turbo-chargers are used to increase pressure through increased fluid velocity, but the average consumer probably wouldn't connect the two.

Both Intel and AMD are guilty of using 'TDP classes', where there are only a handful of TDP ratings that cannot possibly account for all of the different SKUs, let alone part to part variation.

As much as TDP is harped on in forums, its purpose is for OEMs to design systems around. So 125W TDP as the new top 'class' makes sense for integrators to build their platforms around, because they also don't build a separate platform for every SKU -- if they want to be able to offer the full range of CPUs for a certain model, they have to design it to handle the top-end, etc.

"Intel - Boring Inside"

Like your posts?

:ROFLMAO:

Back