intel don't know all about there own 875 boards!

euteamo

n00b
Processor Family Processor Speed System Bus Frequency L2 Cache Size BIOS Version Notes
Intel® Pentium® 4 3.20 GHz 800 MHz 512 KB
2 MB (L3) P16 or greater The following board revisions (AA numbers) support these processors:
C27085-207 or later
C26680-206 or later.

See the board revision note, below, for an explanation.

the new intel p4 ee processor won't work on my D875PBZ mainboard! revision on my mobo is "AA C26680-205" (you can find this number on box. label outside.)

yeah i know i am doomed! just thought you guys who have the same board would like to know about it before putin your hopes in it.

they said the p5 would work on it. lie.

Prescott might, but by the time a Pentium 5 hits, it's almost certainly going to be a different socket as Prescott will be offered in LGA775 and PGA 478 formats.

MemoryInAGarden thanks for relpying. i'll look MORE into different boards makers next time i buy a mobo.

I'm not 100% certain, but perhaps this is why there is a 875PBZ and a 875PBZ FMB1.5 model?

The new FMB 1.5 voltage configuration should be able to handle a P4EE / early Prescott cpus.

Unit-0 thanks for replying. yes i saw that too at newegg.com, i found that strange then i asked intel and they said it would work. but in their site they say only that revisions or later, and my is before that. i want people to know if they have same mobo. they shouldn't say yes and them i found out that no!

Back