Intel DH57JG G.Skill RAM Boot-Loop?

Discussion in 'Intel MoBos' started by Ryankirsch13, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Ryankirsch13

Ryankirsch13 Limp Gawd

So the Intel DH57JG I have needed some RAM, so i found G.Skill Ripjaws X on sale for a good price and grabbed a set. Now this motherboard supports 8GB up to 1333 MHz, this RAM is 1600 MHz, however when I boot into the BIOS it recognizes being run at 1333 MHz and recognizes the two 4GB sticks installed. When I boot the PC, it gets to "Starting Windows" for half a second and then resets and continues this boot loop. RAM isn't compatible? I'm finding it to be a pain in the butt to find two 4gb sticks of 1333 MHz for a fair price.

2. Mister E

Mister E ?

Some ram can be tricky. Try using one stick to boot. Set your speed and timings and reboot. If it holds, add another stick. Reboot and hope for the best.

I recently upgraded from 8GB (2x4) to 16GB (2x8) of essentially the same ram but with slightly different timings under the XMP setting. I thought I'd just plug em in and off I go. Haha nope. Computer boot looped over and over, one stick, two sticks, didn't matter. I finally got the 'Overclocking failed' screen to come up so I could access my BIOS. I entered the correct settings for the one stick and got it to boot without looping. Added the second stick and everything was good. Weird but it's what I went through to get it to work.

Good luck!!

3. Rav3n

Rav3n Gawd

RAM downclocks, so that is not the issue. What voltage does the mobo support? And what voltage is the RAM you bought?

4. Liquid Cool

Liquid Cool Gawd

Did you do anything else but upgrade the memory? The most often time I see that problem is when your AHCI setting has been changed to IDE mode in the BIOS. Did you reset your CMOS for some reason?

If you get tired of the board, pm me...:). It's one of my favorites.

Best,

Liquid Cool

5. D4rkn3ss

D4rkn3ss 2[H]4U

set to ahci and memory speed/divider/timings/voltage manually in the bios, try 7-7-7-20~22 for these 1600mhz sticks, it should work fine @ 1333.

6. diizzy

diizzy 2[H]4U

@ Rav3n
    Yes, to some extent.... 1600 usually wont do 1066 for instance

7. Ryankirsch13

Ryankirsch13 Limp Gawd

Thanks to all whom commented with advice. Despite my efforts, I have decided to find myself a newer generation board. Currently searching for either a 1155 socket Pentium, or a mini itx/CPU combo.

8. D4rkn3ss

D4rkn3ss 2[H]4U

if you want further assistance like got confused with some bios settings or need a step-by-step help to guide you i'll be here to help you on this thread as much as you want because i still have this board, i used it for my itx gaming rig for almost three years then it became my file server, its currently running 4 4tb RE's in raid 10 and its always on, i ran all kind of things on it, 7, 8, linux/windows, dual boot, whatever, and it never gave me an issue. board is gonna be six years old at the beginning of the next year, whatever you need i can always reboot the file server and get whatever setting you need.

9. Ryankirsch13

Ryankirsch13 Limp Gawd

It really is an awesome board, I wish it had a USB 3.0 port because the case I got only has 2, 3.0 slots on the front panel. Sata 6gb/s would be a luxury as well for the SSD I put in it, but what I use it for I highly doubt that would even make a difference. I really appreciate your assistance and offer for further assistance. If I manage to find 2, 4gb sticks of 1066/1333mhz RAM I would probably just keep this board, I have yet to have a single issue with it.