Intel DG2 Xe-HPG Features 512 Execution Units, 8 GB GDDR6

erek

[H]F Junkie
1609859907051.png

"A leaked OEM data-sheet referencing the DG2 also mentions a rather contemporary video memory setup, with 8 GB of GDDR6 memory. While the Iris Xe MAX is built on Intel's homebrew 10 nm SuperFin node, Intel announced that its Xe-HPG chips will use third-party foundries. With these specs, Intel potentially has a GPU to target competitive e-sports gaming (where the money is). Sponsorship of major e-sports clans could help with the popularity of Intel Graphics. With enough beans on the pole, Intel could finally invest in scaling up the architecture to even higher client graphics market segments. As for availability, VideoCardz predicts a launch roughly coinciding with that of Intel's "Tiger Lake-H" mobile processor series, possibly slated for mid-2021."

https://www.techpowerup.com/276811/intel-dg2-xe-hpg-features-512-execution-units-8-gb-gddr6

Hopefully they're not made in China because the tariffs on China are going to make them prohibitively expensive.

Hopefully they're not made in China because the tariffs on China are going to make them prohibitively expensive.
I doubt the current tariffs will remain in place with the incoming administration. No further comment on that.

I doubt the current tariffs will remain in place with the incoming administration. No further comment on that.
No, they won't but they still take time to remove. I could easily see them staying in place until July/Aug just because of Buricratic necessities, or even just because a certain side of a senate wants to punish the other with bad press and big price tags.
The world needs a tough stance on China but punishing the people isn't the way to do it especially when there are no current alternatives, it becomes a tax grab, and little more.

Side note:
Most of Intel's hardware to date is manufactured in Taiwan and Malaysia, so the tariffs could suddenly make their stuff very competitive.

No, they won't but they still take time to remove. I could easily see them staying in place until July/Aug just because of Buricratic necessities, or even just because a certain side of a senate wants to punish the other with bad press and big price tags.
The world needs a tough stance on China but punishing the people isn't the way to do it especially when there are no current alternatives, it becomes a tax grab, and little more.

Side note:
Most of Intel's hardware to date is manufactured in Taiwan and Malaysia, so the tariffs could suddenly make their stuff very competitive.

Tariffs are the only way to punish China for manipulating markets. Higher prices cause less people to buy the imported products thus lowering the revenue for China. Tariffs are designed to make you pay more so you buy less, no easier way to change the buying public's habits.

Tariffs are the only way to punish China for manipulating markets. Higher prices cause less people to buy the imported products thus lowering the revenue for China. Tariffs are designed to make you pay more so you buy less, no easier way to change the buying public's habits.
Yeah but there are very few manufacturers that exist outside of China for much of this hardware, it will take years and cost billions to move it. I get that there isn't an easier way but there have to be better ways.

Back