Intel D875PBZLK Motherboard tweaks?

ryankenn

Limp Gawd
I finally ponyed up and bought a new system, and its my first outing with Intel components ( M/B and Processor ). I have a 3.2E and 2x512MB of Kingston Value Ram in the Channel A DIMM 0 and Channel B DIMM 0 slots. From the BIOS bootup screen it looks like the RAM is correctly running in Dynamic Dual channel mode, which is what I think I want from what I read in the literature ( yes I even read the Sonata case instructions ).

The only question I have is about tweaking the BIOS for max performance. There doesn't look to be a way to diasable the onboard sound in the BIOS like my old Asus board had, as I have a Soundblaster Audigy 2 so I don't need it enabled. Is there even an advantage to turning it off?

Any suggestions for tweaking the board for max performance? I don't want to overclock, but this computer is not for gaming, its strictly for Adobe Premeire, and After Effects editing.

Thanks!

Ryan

You have to make adjustments in the Burn in Mode section of the BIOS. And there may be a dipswitch setting to disable the onboard audio. Also there should be a BIOS setting somewhere for this. It may be called AC97 Codec or something of that nature. Turn that off it you see that.

Back