Intel Corporation Class Action Lawsuit - 7nm Woes

i see what you're saying. and i'm sure it's all legal or they wouldn't be doing it but just like every company that ever went out of business had a good sales pitch and that if this is how you can loose it all with one company and sue if you lose on the other. just from a layman seems unfair. just like i got into a couple arguments w/ well my parents for one about insider trading. isn't that how the whole thing works? if you hear of a good deal you jump on it. how did you hear about "said deal"? or is it only when a company's tanking you're not allowed to say anything? i mean so what IF someone leaked that (or intel themselves) said sales were tanking and it's not just because they got low yields. i mean is that legal? really they are probably just playing it safe and not wasting silicon? i mean could one bad quarter really ruin a company by giving stock holders control over a business they know nothing about and possibly destroy the company like that from the inside by greedy stock holders? actually may be their problem. idk, guess i prob sound un-informed because i am and, at the same time, guess i'm just kinda picking your brain to get an idea of how that mess works.

A lawsuit like this is much smaller then Intel. Intel loves some lawsuits so they should have fun with this one. Large cooperation like this operate independently from whatever their stock is doing and provided Intel doesn't continue stumbling for a few more generations they will be fine.

As for stocks they are manipulated and there are specific rules for trading them if you are a insider. Its a game.

They got complacent due to incompetence, AMD's clusterfuck with bulldozer, and their own success. Last time AMD was on top, Intel came out with Core i7 and it demolished AMD. Seems whoever is in charge now can't find their ass with either hand, or something major has happened with their engineering and R&D.
Even if tomorrow Intel comes up with the greatest CPU design ever, it won't help them at all if they cannot manufacture it in sufficient quantities.
That we are going to see 14nm Rocket Lake (rather than Tiger Lake) in socket 1200 next year should tell you what Intel thinks of their 10nm capabilities.

That being said, AMD seems to become more complacent now that Intel is not going to be competitive anytime soon. Going 5nm only in 2022, selling Zen2 (basically 2019 technology) as Lucienne in Notebooks for most of 2021, they will get their asses handed to them. Not by Intel though.

Going 5nm only in 2022, selling Zen2 (basically 2019 technology) as Lucienne in Notebooks for most of 2021, they will get their asses handed to them. Not by Intel though.

Not by arm either. And their apus do a fantastic job in laptops so they should ve looking just fine when they do approach a node shrink

cdabc123
Apple just released the M1 which is a tad fast. AMD does look fantastic in laptops only when compared to Intel.

Well Intel and amd are all that can run windows so that will still consume a decent portion of the market. The price point is also much better for amd apus and I personally game and run vms frequently on my $300 amd laptop neither of which are possible to the same degree with apple.

No, not really. Lying to your stockholders and throwing dice are not the same thing.

Post 2009 Crash the insane and radical changes made to GAAP(Some postulate to hide all the fraud) allow any US Based to Corp to quite literally lie at will about their finances. Folks need to research what happened to GAAP,it was gutted to put it mildly, post TARP/AIG.

i see what you're saying. and i'm sure it's all legal or they wouldn't be doing it but just like every company that ever went out of business had a good sales pitch and that if this is how you can loose it all with one company and sue if you lose on the other. just from a layman seems unfair. just like i got into a couple arguments w/ well my parents for one about insider trading. isn't that how the whole thing works? if you hear of a good deal you jump on it. how did you hear about "said deal"? or is it only when a company's tanking you're not allowed to say anything? i mean so what IF someone leaked that (or intel themselves) said sales were tanking and it's not just because they got low yields. i mean is that legal? really they are probably just playing it safe and not wasting silicon? i mean could one bad quarter really ruin a company by giving stock holders control over a business they know nothing about and possibly destroy the company like that from the inside by greedy stock holders? actually may be their problem. idk, guess i prob sound un-informed because i am and, at the same time, guess i'm just kinda picking your brain to get an idea of how that mess works.
It is not really how the whole thing works, you for example could have bought AMD some year;s looking at Zen and thinking it was a good idea or Netflix or Tesla, without any insider knowledge

The insider trading crime is a bit of fascinating one because it is a "victim less" crime it is a anonymous theoretical victim crime.

Say you did the sec accounting for a company and know what they will announced 5 days in advance, it is tempting to tell friend to act with that knowledge and share the profits, who is hurt by that ? The person hurt by that is the theoretical person that would have wanted to buy the stock and could not or had to rise is price because of you buying it that day.

Has for sales pitches, once your a publically traded it is all over rules, you have to communicate known risk, you cannot exaggerate prospect and so on, there is always wiggle room and interpretation, but it goes under a reasonable person type of judgement by judges..

i remember reading an article years ago on Intel when they are still riding high on 14nm success. They are into 10nm development and have already started the discussion for 7mn. They also serving their big 5 customers including Amazon, Google and Facebook. Seeing how those big customers are looking to developing their own DC chips and Intel fumbling a few times on the transition to sub 10nm, thing are looking worse for intel

Back