Intel Core i9-9900KF Listed at U.S. Retailers

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Twitter user and dataminer momomo_us just spotted an Intel Core i9-9900KF listed at B&H Photo and Video, and a quick search on Google shows that NextWarehouse and NeutronUSA have the processor up for sale too. Unfortunately, B&H has the i9-9900KF priced at $582.50, which is significantly higher than the ~$530 street price regular 9900Ks are going for right now. For reference, Intel has a "Recommend Customer Price" of $499 on the i9-9900KF's ARK page.

Meanwhile, the Intel Core i7-9700KF is up for sale at $452.50, and the 9600KF is listed at $308.75, which is significantly higher than the street prices for the 9700K and 9600K. One can hope that the prices come down as other listings go up, but right now, Intel's IGP-less desktop processors are significantly more expensive than their fully-enabled counterparts.

who cares. In the end, costs will end up being market driven. Either Intel is right that there are enough people out there thinking the IGP less versions will oc better or do something for them, or Intel is wrong and prices will fall due to inventory levels. Intel has always been about gouging w/e they can get away with. Deal.....

P.S. is anyone surprised at this??? Also, Do you think this has anything to do with Intel getting a bit miffed/desperate for attention now that Ryzen 2 is upcoming and stealing so much of the "gossip" in regards to new cpus?

who cares. In the end, costs will end up being market driven. Either Intel is right that there are enough people out there thinking the IGP less versions will oc better or do something for them, or Intel is wrong and prices will fall due to inventory levels. Intel has always been about gouging w/e they can get away with. Deal.....

P.S. is anyone surprised at this??? Also, Do you think this has anything to do with Intel getting a bit miffed/desperate for attention now that Ryzen 2 is upcoming and stealing so much of the "gossip" in regards to new cpus?
Street price is determined by the retailer, not Intel.

Sometimes, you just don't know what to say.

The obvious I guess... why would anyone buy one of these at a premium for ANY use? Intel already said they won't clock better.

Street price is determined by the retailer, not Intel.

I'm sorry, I don't get your reply! What in my comment are you referring to??? Intel sets MSRP, retailer sets pricing, market dictates demand or not; influencing inventory levels which may or may not justify pricing and result in pricing adjustments!!!!

Womp womp womp. Sounds like a case of greedy retailers hoping there will be a slew of clueless people who don't know these are over priced...

Hope we get a faster AMD chip than the 9900K ... ( IN GAMES and at any resolution ) ...if so I cannot wait to get away from Intel.

The AMD motherboards have really matured so that shouldn't be too bad.

I'm very worried about moving over to AMD ... it scares me but If I can get 12 cores, 14 or 16 cores for $499 or less and the CPU is faster than Intel in (ALL) metrics, and all games at any resolution then I will take a chance and make the move.

I think Intel might be taking it's last CPU breat for awhile so maybe that's why the prices seem out of touch a bit.

Part of my wants to wait for AMD's new chips in 2020 ... to further give me more maturity. I may also just do that.

Hope we get a faster AMD chip than the 9900K ... ( IN GAMES and at any resolution ) ...if so I cannot wait to get away from Intel.

I'm very worried about moving over to AMD ... it scares me but If I can get 12 cores, 14 or 16 cores for $499 or less and the CPU is faster than Intel in (ALL) metrics, and all games at any resolution then I will take a chance and make the move.

I think Intel might be taking it's last CPU breat for awhile so maybe that's why the prices seem out of touch a bit.

Part of my wants to wait for AMD's new chips in 2020 ... to further give me more maturity. I may also just do that.

Yeah depending on your use I'm not sure AMD will meet ALL metrics of being faster than intel. Even in the good 'ole Athlon days Intel would still win some benchmarks with the P4 etc.... I'm sure it would be the same, even if (still a big IF at this point) AMD eclipses Intel in frequency and IPC, that being some benches still favoring Intel. But I get your point, and I'm in a similar boat, wanting to return to AMD but wanting my gaming performance as well. I could give a rip about Cinebench etc.... Plus, your comp is pretty beast mode anyway, and I find it unlikely AMD will provide a compelling upgrade path for at least a little bit yet, unless you are that core starved in your specific uses etc.... More power to you if that's the case though :). I'm still pushing my 8086k 6c/12t cpu and it does what I need plenty fine. Yeah I want more, but it's a want and not a need at this point :). I'm at the point now though, I'd be willing to sidegrade just to move to AMD, but I don't want to lose FPS in the games I play(CSGO and DCS flight sim) which aren't optimized for multi threads and rely more on IPC/frequency for my FPS. If I can get same/similar FPS I'll switch just to play on the AMD side :).

LoL, are you sure there is not??? Could be a 10core cpu that cannot work on the current 3 series chipsets ;p. They'd have to rename it to Z490 probably lol.

I feel like these would have been ok in the C-246 motherboards as prices would have stayed more reasonable.

Using cpus without an iGPU has always been an option in the Xeon E3 lineup.

Even metrics you won't use? I don't know if they'll be faster in AVX512... but practically everything else judging by the performance we have already seen could be possible. A Ryzen 5 equivalent killing a 9900k in cine at nearly half the power is telling. Keep in mind the ole' intel compiler fuckery still abounds though but seems to be less of an issue these days.
Wouldn't be too hopeful on price though, if AMD shits all over Intel I would expect pricing to be high as it has been historically, they ain't a charity and when they have superior performance the 'budget choice' no longer applies. If they are faster, they are faster and will cost similar or more, period.

That's fine though, I'm happy to pay for the performance, I don't hold some preconceived notion that AMD is inferior or low quality. Early Ryzen problems are long gone and I don't expect them to make the same mistakes for Zen2. Too much riding on it and they are taking their sweet time (I hope) to iron out any bugs.

Back