Intel Core i9-9900k $488 at Frys

Intel's own website stays the MSRP is $488-$499 and this is on sale at $488?

its a full boxed in the special packaging, i picked one up for my new build and its pretty awesome. I hate tax too, but it seems everyone is collecting tax these days, so I to go to Microcenter for parts, and make them price match whomever has the best deals.

That sounds like the OEM tray price. It’s been pretty much $530-540 everywhere for the boxed version since it came out.

Yes, but the "OEM Tray Price" is usually what the MSRP is at places like Newegg and Amazon for boxed retail versions. It's been that way since my first Pentium 4 when I first stumbled across Newegg.

MSRP is 529... straight from Intel’s site:
2ngvazn.jpg

488 is the bulk pricing (lot of 1000 units), basically the price retailers buy them for.

Fry’s price went up to 499 now.

I was going to upgrade to this but I saw the rumors about the Ryzen 9 3800X and Ryzen 9 3850X. I can wait until May.

Lol. The 9900K launched at $488. Intel just decided to jack up the prices probably due to low yield. This is straight from their October announcement.
tTQNDmKw7xgnGBDf4f5jJ4-650-80.jpg

Reactions: Hulk
like this
Do you guys not understand what RCP is?

Straight from their Ark site:
"Recommended Customer Price (RCP) is pricing guidance only for Intel products. Prices are for direct Intel customers, typically represent 1,000-unit purchase quantities, and are subject to change without notice. Prices may vary for other package types and shipment quantities. If sold in bulk, price represents individual unit. Listing of RCP does not constitute a formal pricing offer from Intel."

488 price is what Intel sells to resellers in bulk. After that, retailers can sell them to you at however much they want. Retailers have to make a profit too you know. Selling at RCP is actually a loss due to overhead. Yes some retailers will sell them at RCP or even less to get you in the door and buy other things (or have a bundle discount like Microcenter) but it's harder now with everyone buying things online. The Fry's price... In store only.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back