Intel Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake CPU Offers Same Performance As Core i9-12900K With “Unlimited Power” at Just 80W

kac77

2[H]4U

Intel Core i9-13900K Raptor Lake CPU Offers Same Performance As Core i9-12900K With “Unlimited Power” at Just 80W

Hassan Mujtaba

Oct 17, 2022, 05:28 PM EDT

"Coming to the performance benchmarks, the Intel Core i9-13900K scores 38,431 points at stock and that's on par with the AMD Ryzen 9 7950X. Using the "Unlimited Power" profile, the score jumps to 40,622 points which is a 6% increase. The leaker also posted another benchmark, this time with the CPU running at a fixed 80W power limit, and scored 27,412 points which is on par with Intel's Core i9-12900K Alder Lake CPU."

Last edited:
Nvidia should be taking notes usually it's like 125 Watts for an Intel I-9

Last edited:
wow. I was about to cancel my Zen 4 build for this but decided to build it anyways. I am glad I didn't wait. Holy power. Hardware unboxed is legit. Shit they said AMD pushed it, they must have known how hot and power hungry 13900k is. Holy power hungry and them temps in games. 90c in games? lmao.

wow. I was about to cancel my Zen 4 build for this but decided to build it anyways. I am glad I didn't wait. Holy power. Hardware unboxed is legit. Shit they said AMD pushed it, they must have known how hot and power hungry 13900k is. Holy power hungry and them temps in games. 90c in games? lmao.

Thermal throttling in 20s on the artic freezer 420mm rad……I cannot believe Intel thinks this is ok lol.

Thermal throttling in 20s on the artic freezer 420mm rad……I cannot believe Intel thinks this is ok lol.

Its the temps in games too. Crazy. 90c+ in cyberpunk and even thermal throttling, my 7700x is doing only in the 60 rage if even. it was almost 20C higher than 7950x in that game lmao.

Basically zen 4 hits the same performance 175w that intel hits at 300w. wow.

I'm going to wait for the X3D AMD parts + B650E board reviews. I don't think these seem that bad, but I don't really have a reason to get one when something more gaming-focused should be around the corner for cheaper. As always, I don't think there are that many "content creators" out there to justify parts like these. I bet most of the people buying them are just purchasing whatever the highest end part available is.

I know there is the age old argument that "performance is paramount" for a gaming CPU. While that is true, the fact that a 360 AIO is having major issues keeping this thing from throttling is a major problem. Basically if your goal is to prevent throttling as often as possible you will at a minimum need custom water cooling. I, personally, think that is an unreasonable ask for general consumers.

Jay botched his review on a few points. Why do these reviewers call it a $589 CPU when its a $659 CPU!!! They keep putting the value proposition as the pricing intel releases per 1000 chips.
Cause only MC so far had it listed at $589.

Is Intel going retro here with Prescott EEEXTREME edition version 2???? :LOL:

The power requirements of newer hardware are becoming ridiculous, I thought we were supposed to be 'saving the earth'? :rolleyes:

5800X3D is looking better and better. Might upgrade to the next-to-last generation for the first time ever.
Definitely, if I ever upgrade from the ancient junk in my signature that still serves me just fine, this will be my next CPU!

Best buy did have stock earlier too lol

Skærmbillede 2022-10-20 kl. 10.56.10.png

After reading 13900k reviews, decided to give up 5% game performance now and go with a longer life AM5 platform with a 7950x, possibly just run one CCD and upgrade to Zen 4 x3D in Q1. 13900K may only be gaming king for 3 months.

And I'll still have a system for Zen 5.

The neat thing about Microcenter is that even beyond having good pricing, they often have store-specific specials that aren't mentioned anywhere else. At least outside of their email newsletter. With my last two builds I managed to get CPU/MoBo bundles that knocked an additional $50-100 off of brand new stuff. If you live near one, it's wise to just pop in (rather than ordering online for pickup) just to see what other discounts you might be able to get. Trick is, there are only like 25 locations now. Not sure about the others, but the Denver location is in an oddball spot, too. It's close to me, but people are always complaining about where it is.

After reading 13900k reviews, decided to give up 5% game performance now and go with a longer life AM5 platform with a 7950x, possibly just run one CCD and upgrade to Zen 4 x3D in Q1. 13900K may only be gaming king for 3 months.

And I'll still have a system for Zen 5.
Rocket Lake taps out Intel's 10nm, completely. I can't wait to see the 13900KS now for Power consumption. They have to be binning these now because as it stands, I can't see it going higher than the 5.8 boost.

13600k beats 7950x and 5800X3D in gaming. Amazing value.
Hmm looking at the numbers it's really going to come down to whatever you like. They are all like 2 to 3 frame difference. That's just nothing to even get worked up over. I would go with whatever is cheaper.

I'm staying away from both the 7950x and the 13900K. The 13900K is on a dead platform so the X3D version of the 7950x might be my next upgrade.

Hmm looking at the numbers it's really going to come down to whatever you like. They are all like 2 to 3 frame difference. That's just nothing to even get worked up over. I would go with whatever is cheaper.
Yeah X3D still looks like it's still right on par with it. Not sure what makes it an incredible value.

Back