Intel Core i9-10900K - 10 Core Is Coming

Isn't it also speculated that AMD will have 7nm+ on deck for Q1 2020? There may be a tweaked 3900x 12 core possibly capable of higher clocks for that same price ($499 intel 10c). I don't see any reason why we shouldn't believe the 10 core "leaks", they're usually grounded in reality with guesswork done on the spec (namely the 5.2ghz boost)

The next 12-24 months are going to be seriously interesting.

Isn't it also speculated that AMD will have 7nm+ on deck for Q1 2020? There may be a tweaked 3900x 12 core possibly capable of higher clocks for that same price ($499 intel 10c). I don't see any reason why we shouldn't believe the 10 core "leaks", they're usually grounded in reality with guesswork done on the spec (namely the 5.2ghz boost)

The next 12-24 months are going to be seriously interesting.

I wouldn't bet on much in the way of clock speed increases. 100MHz or so would be my guess.

I wouldn't bet on much in the way of clock speed increases. 100MHz or so would be my guess.

Now I'm bending the topic quite a bit but I wonder what benefit we can expect with that extra 20% transistor budget TSMC claims. I doubt they'll be able to squeeze in another CPU die to go above 16 cores or even consider AVX-512... 95W 4950x 16-core with a 4.8ghz max boost clock? Would be a nice buy for me next year though since I'm grabbing a 3700x to start.

Just thinking aloud, I'll take further AMD speculation to a relevant thread :p.. just pointing out that in the time frame such a "i9 10900kx" would be up against a zen 2 refresh!

They said Skylake's desktop line would have AVX-512.... and that Haswell would have functioning TSX

Last edited:
Zar, I knew there was a reason I liked you, because you just listed my favorite games. The only ones you are missing are the Dishonored series, the Borderlands series, and maybe Batman: Arkham City. Oh, and Kitty Kitty Boing Boing: the Happy Adventure in Puzzle Garden!

P.S. I wanted to like Assassin's Creed. Played AC: Odyssey for awhile, but it wasn't clicking. Wanted to like Tomb Raider, but it's a cattle chute with handholding and baby cells. I wanted to like the Thief reboot, but I didn't click with that, either.

P.P.S. Based on the recommendations I went to Steam to check the price of The Talos Principle, and found out I already own it.

P.P.P.S. Commenting on the string that led to your post, I used to play a lot of online multiplayer games, including twitch shooters, until I realized that the assholes were slowly whittling those games down to a single demographic - more assholes.

I tend to struggle with anything that is not First person, but I may give the other ones you mention a try.

The Far Cry series is a relatively recent one for me. I ignored it for years, but then came back to it via a Steam sale. The first one was linear and pretty bad. I guess its graphics were its main selling point back in the day, but those are no longer noteworthy, and it has nothing else to fall back on. Far Cry 2 is where they started with the open world, and I was hooked. Far Cry 3 was good too, and I am currently nearing the end of Far Cry 4.

Only thing I will say about the series is that they seem to have an absolute knack for making me hate the endings. One way or another, be it either being forced to choose between two equally ridiculous endings, or having unrealistic ending plot twists, I hated the endings of FC2, and FC3 and I can already tell I am going to hate the ending of FC4.

Last edited:
However, if someone wants to stick with Intel for some reason then they'll still have decent performance doing everything you can do with a computer.

same for someone sticking w/ AMD. what's your point?? all you intel boys want to try and belittle amd users for years and now want to flip the script and use all the same arguments that amd users have been using to justify your use of intel. it just sickens me you would stupe that low.

same for someone sticking w/ AMD. what's your point?? all you intel boys want to try and belittle amd users for years and now want to flip the script and use all the same arguments that amd users have been using to justify your use of intel. it just sickens me you would stupe that low.

Did you even bother to read my post?

Or the post I was responding to?

Or the post that that one was responding to?

It is the year 2349 and humanity has survived the 4th galactic calamity wars. Intel the chief processing corporation of the global space infantry corps has announced 14++++++++ process to further enhance performance.

Last edited:

Come on man, this is a bit dramatic. You havent really let yourself feel belittled, have you??

It is the year 2349 and humanity has survived the 4th galactic calamity wars. Intel the chief processing corporation of the global space infantry corps has announced 14++++++++ process to further enhance performance.

In 2349 is brie Larson a Sith Lord with an imperial Snowflake army?

I like him as a reviewer, just don't like how he talks it is a bit like he smoked a blunt before

I like Steve a lot because so many of the "tech journalists" that make videos seem more like excited fans than skeptical reviewers. There seems to be a lot of pressure to give good reviews and say good things so you can get sponsorships and free stuff.

Also, he isn't impressed with all these stupid cases that restrict air flow and he doesn't just blindly believe in "heat rises!" which most people take as "heat always rises, no matter how many fans you have blowing across your case".

To me, he just sounds like someone who grew up in California.

Also, he isn't impressed with all these stupid cases that restrict air flow and he doesn't just blindly believe in "heat rises!" which most people take as "heat always rises, no matter how many fans you have blowing across your case".

I know you are quoting others here, but I find myself needing to comment on this anyway :p

Heat does no such thing as rise.

Now, hot air tends to rise, but heat - in and of itself - does not.

I like him as a reviewer, just don't like how he talks it is a bit like he smoked a blunt before

I'm not going to get into my preference for the written form of content over YouTube videos, I've done that enough in other threads.

If I have to put up with seeing and hearing them, I just wish YouTube reviewers looked, sounded and behaved more like normal well adjusted semi-educated people.

I'm way too young to be a boomer, but I can't help but roll my eyes when the presenter looks like a mess, doesn't shave or cut their hair, or has nasty piercings or tattoos and speaks like they have never had an English class in their lives.

I'm not going to get into my preference for the written form of content over YouTube videos, I've done that enough in other threads.

If I have to put up with seeing and hearing them, I just wish YouTube reviewers looked, sounded and behaved more like normal well adjusted semi-educated people.

I'm way too young to be a boomer, but I can't help but roll my eyes when the presenter looks like a mess, doesn't shave or cut their hair, or has nasty piercings or tattoos and speaks like they have never had an English class in their lives.
All that matters to me is that they can articulate their point in as little time as possible. Being an expert in your subject matter is more important to me than being an expert in fashion sense or mannerism. But I also still prefer written content because I can read through an article in 10 minutes that takes 4 times as long in video form.

Everyone here, knew this was a joke....

Intel is a long way off from releasing a 10nm CPU in the PC space. Everyone here knows this, because Intel told us. We are many, many months away from 10nm laptop chips from intel. The chances are, that you will see Zen3, about the same time you see a new mobo & chip from Intel.

OP is trolling the community.

The chances are, that you will see Zen3, about the same time you see a new mobo & chip from Intel

I expect Intel to release their 10C /20T CPU 4 to 6 months before Zen3. Should be in Q1 2020 or less likely Q4 2019.

It is not unusual for the -U and -Y models to be released first on a new node shrink from Intel. -S models are usually released last.

@all, he does write articles too, generally containing all the same info. ;)

Exactly, and some of these 'elite' writers might sound like idiots in real life as well. They could just have some great intern editors.

Steven Burke and Jay's two cents both confirming what any rational non Intel fan boy knows, this is a fake product.

An alleged leak of Intel Comet Lake comes courtesy of ComputerBase, and if it is to be believed, shows an array of 13 different chips, with the flagship 10C/20T flagship weighing in with a maximum single-core boost clock of 5.2GHz and all-core boost of 4.6GHz. Featuring 20MB of Intel Smart Cache, a 105W TDP, and $499. The Core i7-10700K an 8C/16T chip with 5.1GHz single-core boost and 4.8GHz all-core boost, with a 65W TDP and integrated graphics for $398.

New LGA 1159 socket with new Z490 motherboards, and supports DDR4-3200 natively.

Recommend taking with a grain of salt until confirm/denial from Intel.

View attachment 172993

View attachment 173066

Very Fake News!!!!

Does the OP even realize Intel doesnt comment on things like this? Or does he know full well and is hoping others dont?

Last edited:
Back