Intel Core i9-10900K 10-Core Comet Lake-S Monster CPU Leaks With 5.1GHz Turbo Clock

I'm curious what this long list of new features might be. The most recent one that people who can't use it brag about is just a slightly faster version of a bus that was already too fast for its primary application.
The chipset link being pcie 4 should at least give you more aggregate bandwidth for multiple devices.

I'm just wondering how they're going to cool this monstrosity. Maybe include a bottle of liquid nitrogen for the stock cooler?

you don't like chipsets?

yo dawg i herd you like paying fo chipsets so i put a chipset in yo chipset so you can spend while you spend

and I also herd you like 10900K's so I got my cat to test one

tenor.gif

As soon as Intel figures out 10nm they're going to abandon this platform like a red headed step child.

1156v2

Okay bud, name ONE feature that Z370 has that Z270 didn't.

And then tell me why said feature made it completely incompatible with 7th gen chips.

Then explain to me why said feature is more significant than any chipset feature AMD has added in the last 3 years.

Okay pal, name ONE post where I said Intel is any better about releasing new features with the new chipsets.

And then tell me why you use "but Intel did it first" as justification for pledging blind allegiance to AMD.

Then explain to me why you're even here to begin with.

Wow, having future ready tech is bad now lol.

Never said it was bad. You know you're on the losing side when you have to resort to fiction to self-declare a victory.

PCI-E 4 isn't bad. It is just worthless.

The chipset link being pcie 4 should at least give you more aggregate bandwidth for multiple devices.

If anything, it is extra worthless on an AMD setup because the AMD CPUs don't have crippled lane counts like the Intel ones do. With Intel's limited lane counts, it becomes a big problem to run multiple GPUs with multiple NVMe drives when the chipset has only PCIe 3. With PCIe 4, the same drives could use half of the lanes. With an AMD CPU, it doesn't matter because there are so many more lanes available to begin with.

Okay pal, name ONE post where I said Intel is any better about releasing new features with the new chipsets.

And then tell me why you use "but Intel did it first" as justification for pledging blind allegiance to AMD.

Then explain to me why you're even here to begin with.

Never said it was bad. You know you're on the losing side when you have to resort to fiction to self-declare a victory.

PCI-E 4 isn't bad. It is just worthless.

If anything, it is extra worthless on an AMD setup because the AMD CPUs don't have crippled lane counts like the Intel ones do. With Intel's limited lane counts, it becomes a big problem to run multiple GPUs with multiple NVMe drives when the chipset has only PCIe 3. With PCIe 4, the same drives could use half of the lanes. With an AMD CPU, it doesn't matter because there are so many more lanes available to begin with.

This thread is about Intel releasing yet another chipset that's required for a new CPU, not how useful the feature AMD added with their latest chipset is. Especially when you can run their latest CPU in a MB from a couple generations back.

Now as someone mentioned the new socket might be necessary due to the power requirements but that's still a worse selling point than extra bandwidth.

This thread is about Intel releasing yet another chipset that's required for a new CPU, not how useful the feature AMD added with their latest chipset is.

You could not be more wrong. The OP is about a new Intel CPU. The blindly allegiant army of AMD fanboys then arrived and decided to complain about Intel's chipsets not being forwards, backwards, sideways, and/or diagonally compatible. It's pathetic and predictable.

You could not be more wrong. The OP is about a new Intel CPU. The blindly allegiant army of AMD fanboys then arrived and decided to complain about Intel's chipsets not being forwards, backwards, sideways, and/or diagonally compatible. It's pathetic and predictable.

The very first sentence quoted from the article mentions the chipset and socket, not to mention the CPU has already been discussed here before.

Wait - your entire list is auto-overclocking, "extra USB ports," and a tech for pairing legacy spinny drives with fast SSD caches? You're right - I would totally buy a new motherboard if had extra USB ports.

PCIe 4 is worthless. Plug in one of those compatible GPUs and what do you get? 0fps boost. What a game-changing feature.

A PCIe 4 GPU only needs an x8 slot. That frees up cpu lanes for all sorts of other shit.

TBF I think AMD still has the worst example of chipset fragmentation with the whole 939/AM2 split, especially with the way they abandoned 939 before it got all the processors that it was supposed to.
Why do so many people think that's worse than the fragmentation between Socket754 and 939? They were still releasing new 754 SKUs after 939 was out but it was a crippled system where the fastest processor was only released as a OEM mobile chip without a heatspreader. Some people bought the mobile chip (overpriced as it was) and used shims to run it in their desktop or attached a heatspreader removed from another CPU. There was no reason AMD couldn't put together a retail boxed SKU for the 4000+ and give S754 users a last upgrade. Some accountant decided only mobile users would pay the premium for that binning, which in turn actually made it more expensive than if they had released it normally.

Last edited:
Not sure I'd call them fanboys since that just enflames shit and makes online discussions more polarized and deadlocked, but it's a little weird - the Intel resentment I mean. Like if you're resolutely secure in your new Ryzen purchase, why sweat what Intel's doing at all, let alone needing to nervously repeat why Intel isnt relevant.

A 10900k is just a 9900k with 2 more cores slapped on. People should be falling asleep, not getting anxiety.

Not sure I'd call them fanboys since that just enflames shit and makes online discussions more polarized and deadlocked, but it's a little weird - the Intel resentment I mean. Like if you're resolutely secure in your new Ryzen purchase, why sweat what Intel's doing at all, let alone needing to nervously repeat why Intel isnt relevant.

A 10900k is just a 9900k with 2 more cores slapped on. People should be falling asleep, not getting anxiety.

Why does it matter what someone has purchased when commenting on what Intel has done yet again? Is a person who purchased AMD somehow supposed to not notice the pattern Intel has been using for years and over multiple releases? Is there some law against someone not a diehard Intel fan to comment about Intel? Is it somehow wrong to compare the last few AMD releases regarding socket and chipset compatibility compared to Intel's?

Might there be an actual reason why a new socket is needed in this case? Very possibly. However, that doesn't make Intel immune to criticism regarding previous socket and chipset changes for little reason. I have no doubt it's a good thing and even required some of the time but Intel has obviously taken this to an extreme considering the CPUs are just rehashes of the same architecture for a number of iterations now. As I said before, it's probably required for Intel to go with something new in this case since it's very possible the new CPU absolutely needs better power delivery due to how much power it requires. That doesn't mean criticizing Intel's constant chipset and socket changes isn't valid.

Back