Intel Core i7 920 for $150 and 9800GTX+ for $89.99? THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!

AuDioFreaK39

Limp Gawd
http://www.pinkfriday.org/pink-friday-2008-processors-graphics-cards-and-drive-deals/2008/11/24/

wowowowowka0.png

Amazing.

Core i7 + Tri-SLI can be had for under $500?! What is this.. :eek: :D

Holy crap.

Screw tri-SLI, though--an i7 and motherboard for $285? (Then again, that damn DDR3...) Must...resist...

Now that's what I'm talking about. That's what Black Friday deals should look like.

Core i7 + Tri-SLI can be had for under $500?! What is this.. :eek: :D

Interesting. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled.

Also, there's no Tri-SLI in this deal since the DX58SO cannot do Tri-SLI. Unless of course you mean just buying the processor and 3x 9800GTX+ and buying another board entirely.

I wonder how many of each item will be available. Probably under 10.

So are we going to have to watch the live broadcast to see where to get the deal?

Sounds like either have to do that or sign up for their text messaging blarg

So are we going to have to watch the live broadcast to see where to get the deal?

Yes, this is not a B&M deal. You must listen to their webcaste all day to find out when to try and order the parts.

it says i7 920 MOTHERBOARD. why would it say motherboard. Why does it not say CPU? its confusing. sounds like the $150 is for a motherboard not the CPU.

Knowing Tiger Direct......Im pretty sure its "After Rebate", I wouldn't be surprised.

Knowing Tiger Direct......Im pretty sure its "After Rebate", I wouldn't be surprised.
Looks to me like these are donated products. It says 100% of the money is going to be given for the cancer cure research. I doubt there will be any rebates.

TigerDirect will never get my business again. /rant.

More power to those who will try to land these deals.

Curiously disparate demographics. But I guess if you want to watch an all-day pod cast about saving mommy knockers from cancer to get a few deals on computer parts, i'm all for it.

it says i7 920 MOTHERBOARD. why would it say motherboard. Why does it not say CPU? its confusing. sounds like the $150 is for a motherboard not the CPU.
I'm thinking that's just a bit of a mistake. After all, whoever heard of a 2.66GHz motherboard? :D

I believe they were (poorly) trying to indicate the type of motherboard used by the CPU.

I will watch but I have some reservations about this whole thing, you watch this is going to go way different then it looks. Like others said After rebate or other stiuplations. I would hope they would have a Core i7-920 CPU for sale with this but even for the MOBO it is a good deal.

KM

They should just have pictures of boobs all day long

I was in deep existential thought watching the news today, wondering why those terrorists would attack civilians in Mumbai...then I saw a hot southeast asian woman fleeing one of the hotels, her mams bouncing rhythmically, almost joyfully as she ran...

"They did it for the breasts!" I thought jokingly.

You know...that might just be about right. :eek::D

You have to watch and then be one of the first callers to the number they show on-screen for each deal... not going to bother likely myself :(.

Couldn't bring it up earlier, but I have been getting the texts. None of the big ones yet though.

What's the phone number you're supposed to call to order the currently available item?

1-888-444-9800, but you need the item number

It won't work for me in FF, but it does in IE

i dont think i can sit through this and then be lucky enough to be one of the first callers, but great cause.

Back