Intel Core i7-7700K CPU Synthetic Benchmark Sneak Peek @ [H]

Any new features on the platform side?

I'm in process of putting together an upgrade (mostly finding an NCASE M1 HTPC home for my old 2500k) and will be going Kaby Lake for the desktop.

You get 4 extra PCIe 3.0 lanes from the chipset(20->24). Else its tiny version updates I guess.

You get 4 extra PCIe 3.0 lanes from the chipset(20->24). Else its tiny version updates I guess.

that 4 pcie lane i wonder if its used for another PCIE SSD. imo with just 1, its already close to the limit for sequential when queue depth gets high. with 2 in raid its kinda over kill, unless having multiple drives, overall still bottlenecked by DMI 3.0 though.

Looks like I'm sticking with my 3770k for a bit longer. Zen might be worth it if the price is dirt cheap. But I'm more waiting on better gpu's

Looks like I'm sticking with my 3770k for a bit longer. Zen might be worth it if the price is dirt cheap. But I'm more waiting on better gpu's

If QuickSync shows to have made big strides I might upgrade.

As it is right now, a i7 5775c is my next sight of upgrade just because it has the 64MB eDRAM IRIS graphics. So that would be the upgrade. There have been rumors of 128MB eDRAM on Skylake, but doesn't look like it will happen.

Funny, I had not seen that till now. I am fairly sure I exactly framed that review for computer hardware enthusiasts and gamers, so I am unsure why the Fool would call my thoughts into question in other markets. No biggy. I am still very good with exactly what I wrote and the data behind the 7700K review.

So is there any benefit to move to this vs an overclocked 4770k ?? I kind of want a new motherboard that considering my old ass Asus Hero doesn't have DDR4, M.2, USB-C, headphone amp, etc....

The platform is arguably the most compelling part of an upgrade from 4770k/4790K (or older) to anything SKL/KBL.

For fun I ran the test of my oldie X58 setup. :D
As expected single thread is one area were mine got beat and then SSE was a big different too. Still damn happy with my investment. :)

Attachments

• CPU MARK.JPG
    CPU MARK.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 39
Kind of disappointing numbers, but whatever.
Hopefully these new CPUs bring down the price on 6700T's, I've had my eye on one for a while but it's a little too expensive for me right now.

Yea, and the perf gap between a 5ghz krabbylake and a 4.7ghz skylake is small. I've seen the 5ghz krabs blender runs and they are only 2 secs faster than my daily 24/7 4.7ghz blender run. :eek:

Yea, and the perf gap between a 5ghz krabbylake and a 4.7ghz skylake is small. I've seen the 5ghz krabs blender runs and they are only 2 secs faster than my daily 24/7 4.7ghz blender run. :eek:

Still, if they were the same price and rumour has it the Kaby does 5ghz slightly easier - AND you needed a new PC, well then it's a diff story.

Back