Intel Core i7 7700K $309.99 - Monoprice on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they are unloading these because rizen is around the corner and might be real competitive.

Serious or troll? Do you khow high the mark up is on those even for $300? It's the type of mark up that AMD will never achieve.

Serious or troll? Do you khow high the mark up is on those even for $300? It's the type of mark up that AMD will never achieve.

He has a point. And troll, gtfo lol. A brand new product, just released to massive fail hype, zero IPC increase, the only gain is the possibility to hit 5ghz with delidding, killing warranty etc... It kind of all goes together. Sudden price slash to combat the bad press. Something is up for sure, because you hardly ever see prices cut this low on a brand new cpu from Intel.

He has a point. And troll, gtfo lol. A brand new product, just released to massive fail hype, zero IPC increase, the only gain is the possibility to hit 5ghz with delidding, killing warranty etc... It kind of all goes together. Sudden price slash to combat the bad press. Something is up for sure, because you hardly ever see prices cut this low on a brand new cpu from Intel.

Have we been reading the same reviews...? I don't recall a single review ever calling this CPU a failure. In fact it reviewed well almost everywhere.

Have we been reading the same reviews...? I don't recall a single review ever calling this CPU a failure. In fact it reviewed well almost everywhere.

What? Krabs is no runaway hit! It's decidedly meh. It is flat, as flat as you can get when there is no IPC gain. It's AVX portions are quite limited, that;s why they put in a divider on it.

Reactions: 5icko
like this
What? Krabs is no runaway hit! It's decidedly meh. It is flat, as flat as you can get when there is no IPC gain. It's AVX portions are quite limited, that;s why they put in a divider on it.

So now it's no longer a "failure" but just a "meh"? Even if it doesn't have an IPC gain over Skylake it still beats any of AMD's current offerings and is priced at the same price or cheaper than the 6700k while packing more features and the ability to overclock further. Sure the change in TIM sucks but by no means does that suddenly make the whole CPU suck. It still reaches 4.8-5.0GHz on stock TIM while remaining well under Tmax under normal computing circumstances (not heavy, unrealistic stress tests).

So now it's no longer a "failure" but just a "meh"? Even if it doesn't have an IPC gain over Skylake it still beats any of AMD's current offerings and is priced at the same price or cheaper than the 6700k while packing more features and the ability to overclock further. Sure the change in TIM sucks but by no means does that suddenly make the whole CPU suck. It still reaches 4.8-5.0GHz on stock TIM while remaining well under Tmax under normal computing circumstances (not heavy, unrealistic stress tests).

First cpu to not get any gains in IPC from one gen to the next. That's a fail in my book. Krabs will throttle before hitting max temp, so its chicken or the egg. But to imply its so great that it won't hit tjmax that is really bending the BS.

First cpu to not get any gains in IPC from one gen to the next. That's a fail in my book. Krabs will throttle before hitting max temp, so its chicken or the egg. But to imply its so great that it won't hit tjmax that is really bending the BS.

That's fine, entirely your opinion. You calling it Krabs alone makes me realize that arguing with you is a waste of my time. I, as well as the others in this thread who bought this CPU, will enjoy it. This is a HotDeals thread, if you want to bash the CPU go to the Intel board and make a thread about it.

And just for shits and giggles I may even delid it because this is [H]ardForum after all. If you're worried about voiding warranties then this place may be a bit tough for you to understand.

That's fine, entirely your opinion. You calling it Krabs alone makes me realize that arguing with you is a waste of my time. I, as well as the others in this thread who bought this CPU, will enjoy it. This is a HotDeals thread, if you want to bash the CPU go to the Intel board and make a thread about it.

And just for shits and giggles I may even delid it because this is [H]ardForum after all. If you're worried about voiding warranties then this place may be a bit tough for you to understand.

I'm not bashing shit, stating facts and supporting the other poster hinting that maybe the instant price cuts is a reflection of something else in play. You are in defense mode of your recent purchase. Recently released products do not go on heavy sale unless there is a reason for it. Krabs has not been well received. It really is only attractive to overclockers looking to satiate that need to hit 5ghz.

I'm not bashing shit, stating facts and supporting the other poster hinting that maybe the instant price cuts is a reflection of something else in play. You are in defense mode of your recent purchase. Recently released products do not go on heavy sale unless there is a reason for it. Krabs has not been well received. It really is only attractive to overclockers looking to satiate that need to hit 5ghz.
giphy.gif

2600K system still running at 4.5Ghz. Is this much of an upgrade??
Platform stuff aside (Nvme, PCI-E 3.0 maybe, etc.), you'd get ~20-25% more IPC comparing your 2600K to a 6700/7700K.

Assuming you can clock the 6700/7700K to say 4.8GHz, you'd get ~28%-33% more absolute performance.
Whether that's worth it or not is your call.

Do you think posting stupid gifs will somehow make an argument on your behalf? Because they don't.

I know, right? And Jennlaw isn't exactly an adult choice.

Some people feel the need to fall on their sword to defend their purchase. Weak.

I know, right? And Jennlaw isn't exactly an adult choice.

Some people feel the need to fall on their sword to defend their purchase. Weak.

I don't need to defend shit. :rolleyes: If I won't like the 7700K then I'll buy something else. I tend to enjoy making a purchase, trying it out for myself, and then form my own opinion on something that I actually have personally experienced - unlike some people apparently.

Oh and since GIFs seem to really tug at some strings here, let me show you how I feel right now:

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back