Intel Core i7 5930K $400 @ Microcenter (B&M) ($460 at Newegg)

yee245

Limp Gawd
I was poking around looking at some pricing at Microcenter, and it looks like they just started some sales on some Intel chips today. I don't follow AMD pricing, so there may be some good sales on those as well. Here are a few that I noticed. I only looked at the pricing at my local store and a couple other locations, so pricing may vary at some locations. Also, it looks like the same processors are on sale at Newegg, but not for as cheap. Current Newegg prices are in parentheses.

Core i5 4690K - $189.99 (209.99)
http://www.microcenter.com/product/434177/Core_i5-4690K_35GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

Core i7 4790K - $259.99 (299.99)
http://www.microcenter.com/product/434176/Core_i7-4790K_40GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

Core i7 5930K - $399.99 (459.99)
http://www.microcenter.com/product/437204/Core_i7-5930K_35_GHz_LGA_2011-V3_Processor

Maybe not the best prices for those first two (compared to their BF prices last year, and the mobo bundle discount is only $20), but the 5930K I think is the lowest I've ever seen it.

The $5 off $50 coupon at retailmenot may or may not work. I noticed it changed recently from a $5 off $30 to a $5 off $50 (possibly new as of today), and when I was over there earlier today picking something else up, the coupon did not take. It scanned, but did not give any discount, then scanning again said it had already been used.

This is why, if you have a MicroCenter in your area, ALWAYS look there for CPUs FIRST.

$100 off normal price (which is already under the prices at newegg/tigerdirect). steal of a deal

Damn good deal, plus you get $20.00 off with a motherboard. 6700K can suck it. :)

Local store near me has 10+ in stock. Tempted to get one just to see how well it will overclock. Does MC take returns on CPU's if you just decide you don't want it after all?

The Newegg prices are competitive if you don't pay sales tax and have that Amex $25 credit with $200 purchase, especially with those cheaper ones. The 4790K ends up actually being more expensive than the one I bought during the tax free weekend back in August.

The MC prices are in the flyer (online and printed), so they should be good until at least Dec 6.

Returns should probably be fine within their 15 day policy. I've never had any issues with returns, but you never know...
http://www.microcenter.com/site/customer-support/return-policy.aspx

Tempted to get one just to see how well it will overclock. Does MC take returns on CPU's if you just decide you don't want it after all?

Thankfully I live like 15 minutes from a Microcenter.

They have hands-down the best return policy. Take back pretty much anything for any reason and ask you just due to the required comment field of their software for returns even though they don't actually care.

Pretty sure you could return it if you didn't want it after seeing how well it overclocks. I try to avoid doing things like that myself because they're a good store and have good policies. Hell, they price match Newegg and Amazon and I've gotten them to give me CPU+motherboard bundle savings on Open Box stuff.

Great deal, very happy with mine. At this price it's a no brainier for anyone running multi-GPU or wants additional PCIe lanes for NVMe SSDs or RAID cards etc.

Why must I always be tortured by Microcenter's In-Store Only deals!!!!:(

Yup, I remember the good ol' days of a Santa Clara store, and Fry's would have to price match against them, but because it's not online Fry's won't price match.

The 5820K is tempting though...

Fry's told me they don't match Microcenter's CPU prices in any way, online or not. Unfortunately, Microcenter is about twice as far as Fry's from me... 30 minutes vs. 15 minutes... unless there's traffic.

4790k around Xmas for $200.. wait for the sales.. prob right after black friday at mc.

Fry's told me they don't match Microcenter's CPU prices in any way, online or not. Unfortunately, Microcenter is about twice as far as Fry's from me... 30 minutes vs. 15 minutes... unless there's traffic.

So you spend an extra four to six bucks in gas making the 30 minute trip vs the 15 minute trip.

If it saves you $80, it's a no-brainer.

Does this thing actually have anything over the 5820k? I notice they're both 6 core. It's just that the 5930k has a slightly higher clock... but I've read that the 5820k overclocks well anyway.

If I was getting a processor today, I'd probably go for a 5820k, easily...

Is that going to make any difference in any gpu configuration that one would actually want to use...?

Well heck, there's your DDR voucher right there. $100 will get you a pretty decent 16GB set.

Back