Intel® Core™ i3 2100 LGA 1155 3.1GHz Boxed Processor for $99 with mobo at microcenter

matrix563

Fully [H]
3_25_header.jpg

http://www.microcenter.com/specials...omputer Parts LP 20110325&utm_source=ACT_BYO&

omg that's what's I'm talking about. I need to build my mom and my grandpa new computers.

oh crap whats the main difference between H61 and H67? Will this bundle support IGP? I am lookin to do a cheap HTPC :D

Whats up with all these MicroCenter in store pick up only? Anyone want to buy one and ship it to me? Please :)

I have a friend that is just getting into the PC Rental Business. He already has 12 machines currently being rented for about $29.99 a month rental fee with $50 dollar deposit. He will jump on this for sure. His goal is to have 100+ machines rented out by end of the year. Mostly lower income individuals and families. Due to investment and theft he won't turn a profit for about 12 months. But can you imagine having $30+ x 100 coming in a month?

Is the FSB/BCLK adjustable on this MB? Possible to tweak the ram at least?

Looks like a smoking deal.

Is the FSB/BCLK adjustable on this MB? Possible to tweak the ram at least?

Looks like a smoking deal.

BCLK adjustments (limited as is) is only in P67 iirc. Not sure on the RAM portion, but I believe RAM doesn't matter too much with SB, compared to earlier platforms.

That being said, good deal for a basic box, or HTPC build, or relatives machine :p Heck, even enough for a super ultra budget gaming box, if the gaming benches on Anandtech are anything to go by.

FYI, H61 doesn't natively support SATA6Gb/s, only SATA II.

1155o.png

I added to cart & the total comes up as $170'ish...anyone know what is going on?

Great deal, the new budget HTPC platform.

Looks like the mobo is sold out at their Paterson NJ store, too bad, i would have been tempted...

i was reading that h61 doesn't support clear video. would this affect its ability to function as an htpc?

Great deal, the new budget HTPC platform.

Looks like the mobo is sold out at their Paterson NJ store, too bad, i would have been tempted...

There yonkers store has plently. I'm in on this despite it being an hour and 15 min drive. I need a new low power storage server. Looks like my prayers have been answered.

Edit: I added this to the cart and comes to 170 wtf?

Son of a, I just bought the 2100 yesterday for 99 w/o a motherboard. Guess I'll have to make the trip again to see if I can't get that motherboard with it.

Dang. And I just bought the AMD combo 2 weeks ago. I would have bought this instead but looks like there's only 2 sata ports.

Dang. And I just bought the AMD combo 2 weeks ago. I would have bought this instead but looks like there's only 2 sata ports.

4 sata ports actually. It's going to get an 8 port RAID card, so native sata isn't that much of an issue.

4 sata ports actually. It's going to get an 8 port RAID card, so native sata isn't that much of an issue.

I see it now. 2 right angle and 2 standard. Hmm. Tempting. What's microcenter return policy like.

The AMD combos show the correct price in cart when I add them.....

If purchased separately. Price BEFORE $40 In-store instant savings / REG. $139.99 / 369124.

Usually MC deals like this is B&M.

Of course but we should be able to add to cart and go pick it up. I would hate to drive an hour and have no boards left.

It added fine for me. Shows up as 108.24 after tax. But the MC here is oos for the board.

Of course but we should be able to add to cart and go pick it up. I would hate to drive an hour and have no boards left.

Yeah, usually it works adding it to your cart and pick in store pickup. I'd call the store and have them hold onto one for you, they've done that for me before.

It added fine for me. Shows up as 108.24 after tax. But the MC here is oos for the board.

Well that's why it looks fine to you because it's not adding in the board because the MC near you doesn't have it (it sets the board value in your cart to 0). So you'd only be buying the processor.

Well that's why it looks fine to you because it's not adding in the board because the MC near you doesn't have it (it sets the board value in your cart to 0). So you'd only be buying the processor.

Yeah you're right. I didn't noticed that. Deal would have been nice if they had the board in stock.

the discount isn't showing up for me either:

I have "In Store Pickup" selected
Motherboard says 16 in stock
Processor says 20+ in stock

Total price is showing as $169.58

If you have a microcenter near you...I'd like to give you a big FUCK OFF. <grumble>

the discount isn't showing up for me either:

I have "In Store Pickup" selected
Motherboard says 16 in stock
Processor says 20+ in stock

Total price is showing as $169.58
I bit. I'll just have them adjust the price when I get to the store. I'll let you gents know in an hour what happens.

This is also awesome. I was going to pull the trigger on a fusion build soon and this will save me $50 and give me so much more performance! I couldn't be happier!

Last edited:
No mobos in stock at the St David's, PA store.
If you have a microcenter near you...I'd like to give you a big FUCK OFF. <grumble>
Now you know what it was like for years for the people who didn't have a Fry's near them.

The price is now showing up correctly. I grabbed the 7th-to-the-last motherboard in stock in Denver. This will be sold out by this tomorrow, mark my words.

Incidentally I returned this exact item when it was $160 because the mobo had irritating coild whine in windows with Speedstep enabled. Hopefully the new one is fine. This is BY FAR the best gaming platform you can get for $100. The i3 2100 performs like an i7 920 in games, and outperforms the Phenom II 840 in pretty much everything.

Got one. They honored the online price and it even shows up correctly sweet deal!!

See, I am one of THOSE without a MC near them. I cry nightly due to it. I wasn't aware you could do the buy online and pickup in store, very handy. I do have a Fry's nearby though. That eases the pain a little.

Ugh...I just picked up the AMD quad combo for the GF's machine a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back