Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3GHz/1333MHz FSB Processor (retail) $271

annaconda

[H]F Junkie
mwave.com has the Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor (Retail) available for pre-order for a low $271 plus $7-8 shipping. Tax in CA. This is the new LGA775 3.0GHz EM64T Dual Core W/4MB cache and 1333MHz front-side bus. Search item BA24052.

I don;t know why people wanna buy this when Q6600 is for the same price, but then i thought some might buy it.

mwave.com has the Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 Processor (Retail) available for pre-order for a low $271 plus $7-8 shipping. Tax in CA. This is the new LGA775 3.0GHz EM64T Dual Core W/4MB cache and 1333MHz front-side bus. Search item BA24052.

I don;t know why people wanna buy this when Q6600 is for the same price, but then i thought some might buy it.

I'd get this over the 6600 any day...there's no point in going quad core for at least another year unless you use your comp specifically for calculations that benefit/require it...

Crysis, several other DX10 games, Winrar unzipping, Video Encoding, general multitasking. I believe I'll be using every last drop of my Q6600's capabilities.

Well people who wants E6850, just want to justify their purchase. Dude nflesher87, unless you are going to change your cpu in another three months or so their is no point getting dual core.

Well people who wants E6850, just want to justify their purchase. Dude nflesher87, unless you are going to change your cpu in another three months or so their is no point getting dual core.

there's no sense in even arguing the point, some people feel the 6850 is the best bet for todays and near future games, and IT IS, there are bench's to prove it, and some feel the 6600 is a no brainer for more distant future games/apps and a small number of current apps..

hmm as for my opinon lets see do i buy something that kicks ass in games and other apps right now and will for a while, or do i buy something that WILL kick ass in the distant future as more programs start to support it? the future sucks, by that time we will all be drooling over a new breed of cpu's.. ;)

I would go with the Dual core because the Quad core uses FSB bandwidth to go between cores and dual core doesn't, but thats just me.

I'd get this over the 6600 any day...there's no point in going quad core for at least another year unless you use your comp specifically for calculations that benefit/require it...
Don't forget the Q6600 also puts out twice as much heat and can't OC nearly as far, what's not to love?

A cpu that isn't overclocked is no cpu at all.

Mmmhmm. I'm alread at 3.0 GHz stable on an E6400. Apart from the Cache, I really don't need an E6850 right now. I've even gotten it all the way to 3.6GHz on air cooling so I'm set with a dual core for life.

Quad core on the other hand, well I may make the leap in the next couple of months. I want to see where it heads.

The fact that it'll probably hit 4GHZ with ease... I have an e6300 I run 24/7 @ 3ghz, but I'd be hitting a wall going much higher, either heat or mobo FSB limits.

The fact that it'll probably hit 4GHZ with ease... I have an e6300 I run 24/7 @ 3ghz, but I'd be hitting a wall going much higher, either heat or mobo FSB limits.

Probably is not the case here. We need to see in real life results, not 4ghz with Nitrogen or extreme mods. We will see how the results with the normal every day computer users like me.

Back