Intel Conroe Paper Release?

Eickst

[H]ard|Gawd
What's up with the low availability of the Conroe at release? And they won't hit retail channels (non OEM builders) until sometime in august, and even then, won't account for more than 25% of their shipments?

Sounds like a paper tiger. I'm glad the benchmarks show it is a nice processor, but not everyone gets a sample to play with.

shouldn't this be in the intel forum?

And it's not uncommon to have low availability when a hot product comes out, to create demand.

The NDA was the only thing that lapsed recently. Officially the conroes are not out until the 23th of this month. By the looks of things and how some places were selling them already, I bet you there will be a decent amount to be sold then. Personally, I am waiting on the motherboards before doing the transfer over (new cpu, mb, and ram).

Edit: release date was off by 1 day...

Speaking of motherboards, does ANYONE know when the first conroe SLI board will be released, and will it be an Nvidia chipset?

7/23 - Initial Availability (for OEMs)
7/27 - Official Launch

Core 2 accounting for 20-25% of Intel's shipment is a huge number, given that Intel ships ~40 million processors per quarter. This 20-25% is about what AMD sells in total.

Back