Intel Board Partners Add Support for Next-Generation CPUs to Z370 Motherboards

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Major manufacturers have released new BIOS updates for their Z370 motherboards, and these happen to include support for Intel’s next-generation CPUs. The expected target is Coffee Lake Refresh, which includes an 8-core model (Core i9-9900K).

With the actual 9th-generation core, codenamed “Ice Lake,” still far away from launch on desktop PCs, it looks like the 9th-generation branding will be coming to desktops early but in the form of Coffee Lake Refresh. This lineup is also expected to feature the much awaited 8-core option from Intel which will put them next to AMD’s Ryzen processors in the mainstream desktop segment.

Cool stuff I'm ready not sure if I'll upgrade if it's tick tock oh they did away with that.

Im glad to see that we get another generation out of our current boarda. I realize that IPC gain will be virtually none but at least we will have an 8 core option if games start to really utilize 6 and 8 cores

While still only speculation at this time, is the 9900K expected to have structural mitigation for Spectre/Meltdown issues, or is that farther out in the future?

While still only speculation at this time, is the 9900K expected to have structural mitigation for Spectre/Meltdown issues, or is that farther out in the future?
Not buying anything Intel till they fix these security issues. The loss after installing the patches is just too big.

Cool stuff I'm ready not sure if I'll upgrade if it's tick tock oh they did away with that.

Go home you're drunk.

Not buying anything Intel till they fix these security issues. The loss after installing the patches is just too big.

What loss are you referring too? If it's performance there is plenty of evidence on the web showing negligible loss in performance for home users type workloads.

Did hell just freeze over, we don't need new mobo's?!? Wtf...

My thoughts exactly. Hard to believe they did this. Perhaps Team red is rubbing off on them.

Pretty sure that won't happen till Ice Lake....

What loss are you referring too? If it's performance there is plenty of evidence on the web showing negligible loss in performance for home users type workloads.
There is actually quite a performance loss on the Intel optane drives I run when fully patched, but I guess most home users don't run optane drives.

Back