Intel Bad Axe 2 - Does it control fan RPM well?

Sikpupi

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I have become tired of my P5W-DH and it's increasingly lame overclocking, I used to be able to hit 3.6, now I can't go over stock without hangups of some sort.
Was thinking of selling it and getting the BX2 but one thing I lika about the P5W is the digital home mode, this basically runs all your fans as quiet as possible, only speeding them up when it's really needed.

BX2 got something similiar?

I can't even get my fans to be thermally controlled with my P5W. Maybe I'll look in the digital home section. I just had that disabled :).

I have a Bad Axe 2 / E4300 (stock) with a Freezer 7 Pro. The CPU fan always runs at ~2100 RPM and since IDCC doesn't run under Vista I haven't been able tweak anything. That's too bad because, as it stands now, the fan is way too loud.

I have a Bad Axe 2 / E4300 (stock) with a Freezer 7 Pro. The CPU fan always runs at ~2100 RPM and since IDCC doesn't run under Vista I haven't been able tweak anything. That's too bad because, as it stands now, the fan is way too loud.

Thats strange cos in my HTPC I have the Intel westchester with an E6400, also cooled my an Arctic Freezer 7, the fan never goes over 600rpm. It's set to bios controled, strange that Intel never carried it over to the BX2.

damn it, i was about to order 64-bit XP but hearing there is no support for this on 64-bit systems is unreal :mad:

Somethings do actually work quite well with Ultimate 64. Why oh why couldnt this be the OS to *finally* move computing along the 64bit path is very frustrating.
But at least its out there now and new store bought PCs will offer it to the masses so maybe more developers will start climbing on board.

Back