Intel Arc A750 Graphics Card Performance Preview

So they have Arc 770 units on the floor at PAX west. The booths are pretty locked down, but if someone here wants me to try a demo of a system that's using one I can relay my experience.

It'll be far from objective as I'll likely be playing a quasi-guided experience by an actual intel employee, but I can compare it to.. older videocards based on feel and maybe see if they allow performance overlays or something?

Runs Elden Ring fine, seemed a little smoother than my PS5 and with better AA. (Note: Played the 60fps mode on console.) Had a bit better image quality/AA but that's all I was really able to tell from Elden Ring.

If the 770 is like, $400, it seems reasonable for performance.

Reactions: TMCM
like this

Intel slashes Arc A750 to $249, touts substantial gaming improvements​

PC gamers have actual options under $250 now!

https://www.pcworld.com/article/149...49-touts-substantial-gaming-improvements.html

We’d still recommend the Radeon GPU for most people. While many new triple-A games run on DirectX 12, most PC games still run DX11, and AMD’s DX11 support just works at full speed. The Radeon RX 6600 also runs well in any computer, while the Arc A750 needs a fairly modern system with PCIe Resizable Bar active or its frame rates plummet.

However, if you tend to play new, big budget blockbuster games or want to poke around with ray tracing without breaking the bank, the newly $249 Intel Arc A750 may very well be worth considering. Mainstream gamers have actual options now! Yay competition.

Hoping for even more as time goes

"Intel Graphics today released the latest version of the Arc GPU Graphics Drivers. Version 101.4091 adds support for the iGPUs of 13th Gen Core "Raptor Lake-P" mobile processors. The Intel Arc Control software now supports a standalone desktop mode. Among the handful issues fixed with this release, an application crash noticed in Warhammer 40,000: Darktide during the character-selection screen on Arc discrete GPUs, has been fixed. For the iGPUs of Intel Core processors (11th Gen and later), the drivers fix color/display corruption issues with Need for Speed Unbound and Battlefield 2042; and an intermittent application crash issue with Total War: Warhammer III. Grab the driver from the link below.

DOWNLOAD: Intel Arc GPU Graphics Drivers 101.4091"

https://www.techpowerup.com/304298/intel-releases-arc-gpu-graphics-drivers-101-4091

Arc-a750-fps-per-dollar-vs-rtx-3060.jpg

Is Intel making any kind of money off of ARC? Maybe where their cash flow is going to. Really, how much are they loosing per card? If not, how much is AMD and Nvidia making on theirs?

Most of Intel's cash is going into fab construction and upgrades. ARC is definitely a losing venture, one analyst estimates $3.5B. Chump change compared to the two new intel fabs being constructed in Arizona - at a cost of $20B each. Intel is also constructing new fabs in Ohio ($20B), Germany, Malaysia and Italy.

That's $40B being spent on US fabs alone.

Last edited:
Back