Intel AC 9260 WiFi/Bluetooth M.2 - aptX? 06/09/2021: Updated and Solved

DWD1961

[H]ard|Gawd
I can;t find any information on this, even at the Intel site. Online, some say it does, some say it doesn't.

AC9260
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/99445/intel-wirelessac-9260/specifications.html

If it doesn't, any suggestions on a card that uses aptX adaptive or at least HD?

UPDATE: 06/09/2021
I think I found the answer. The 9260 does support aptX LL and normal aptX, but not aptX HD. I had to install a DEL aptX driver circa 2015 to get it to work, then Windows picked it up and the option in "sound" panel showed a check box and tab for "enable atX." After unplugging the aptX receiver, I had t uninstall the BT aptX drivers, then reinstall them to get regular Bluetooth pairing to work again.

The problem is that Intel is not offering drivers for atpX . So, if your device doesn't have drivers, you're out of luck. And, this is probably why Intel does not at any point or any location state that the 9260 card supports aptX. Otherwise, they'd need to do a driver for it.

Last edited:
What are you trying to do or find out exactly?
I'm trying to figure out if life on Earth really started as a carbon entity or silicon.

Actually, I have the 9260, and I want to upgrade my current 9260 WiFi BT5 combo M.2 card to AptXHD/LL if this one doesn't support it. I can't sem to find any WiFi / BT combo card currently that offers aptX anything. Perhaps manufacturers are waiting for aptX adaptive to take off for a standard they can all implement? I guess aptX HD didn't get adopted becsae tehy ahd 3 variants, HD, LL and just aptX. Adaptive implements all of them at the same time. I'm also looking for a USB transmitter/receiver option so I'll always have aptX no matter what amp or speakers I'm using. Then I will just forget about the internal card for now.

I just got this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091BF3NNX

Uses the Wolfson WM8524 Digital to Analog Converter (DAC) and has aptX HD.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back