Intel 80GB X25-M G2 for $200 shipped

Tempting...

I also noticed the 160GB version is on sale for $400 with free shipping after using the "LION8030" code.

3% cashback saves you $6 or 12 more, not great but it makes it a bit sweeter.

good price...however i still can't help but to think a month from now it will be $150 or less

my motto with SSDs: if you don't need it at this VERY moment, hold out.

Anywhere else with similar price without having to pay the CA tax?

good price...however i still can't help but to think a month from now it will be $150 or less

A month might be a bit optomistic, but I hear ya. To me SSD's still cost a lot more than they should so I think I'm still about a year out from owning one myself. Though I do get tempted every time I upgrade someone to a SSD.

thats why i've only gone away on a vacation 3 times in 30 years.

i go on vacation every summer winter spring fall hehe been to every country in Europe every state in USA (hawaii few times) most the Canada provinces passed up some ops to go to Africa ;/

Got this drive yesterday for 190 on the forums new in box thought it was awesome deal since cheapest on ebay was 220 heh, i think it will hold in price for a while considering it was 600 when it was released and hear the newer line wont even last very long with 32nm (thats what i took from it) no idea tho =P

i go on vacation every summer winter spring fall hehe been to every country in Europe every state in USA (hawaii few times) most the Canada provinces passed up some ops to go to Africa ;/

that sounds awesome! maybe when i get more than a couple weeks of vacation i'll actually go somewhere... but it costs a lot more than just staying home, haha

Got this drive yesterday for 190 on the forums new in box thought it was awesome deal since cheapest on ebay was 220 heh, i think it will hold in price for a while considering it was 600 when it was released and hear the newer line wont even last very long with 32nm (thats what i took from it) no idea tho =P

that's a pretty good deal, although ewiz/superbiiz isn't much more than that. i'll probably wait till summer's over and things slow down in the fall, then get one and redo my system. gonna be fun!

Got this drive yesterday for 190 on the forums new in box thought it was awesome deal since cheapest on ebay was 220 heh,

Hopefully Intel will honor the warranty if something goes wrong.

Maybe it's just me but I don't mind paying 10% more to get something from amazon. If it's more than 10% I doubt I would, but would consider it... Amazon's customer service has been awesome every time I've had to use it and 2day free ship and no tax is a huge bonus. I think when buying an electronic device this is even more true... I've warrantied plasma tv, br player, and even toner w/out issue and free return shipping.. I also know I can order my replacement and have it within 2 days and it all winds up on the same CC bill (return/purchase). NO waiting around for replacement once old one arrives, etc...

With that said, this has been on amazon 219-224.. still a good rate imho.
If you are pinching pennies then maybe a SSD or high-end sys it not for you ;)

Hopefully Intel will honor the warranty if something goes wrong.

here is quote from another guy that rmad his "when the first firmware released that bricked everyone's drives, mine also died and i called them for a replacement. they did not ask for receipt or proof of purchase"

i really doubt it will die as i have really low case temps and never have anything die but regular hd's but if it does i can always buy another and use the new ones receipt worst case (or ask the guy for a copy of receipt but i reallllly doubt it)

i wouldnt pay 10% more for anything (thats why i buy used too) if you wanta pay 10% more go to a local store

here is quote from another guy that rmad his "when the first firmware released that bricked everyone's drives, mine also died and i called them for a replacement. they did not ask for receipt or proof of purchase"

i really doubt it will die as i have really low case temps and never have anything die but regular hd's but if it does i can always buy another and use the new ones receipt worst case (or ask the guy for a copy of receipt but i reallllly doubt it)

i wouldnt pay 10% more for anything (thats why i buy used too) if you wanta pay 10% more go to a local store

LOL, here in CA sales tax is nearly 10% so local = more $ + 10% (or more) + my time (1hr minimum 1 way) + gas (minimum $10). Each person is different, but if 10% more = awesome customer service that's worth it to me, not to mention that 10% more is actually less than buying local or from someplace else that could leave me "down" while waiting to warranty or replacement (non-manufacture issue).

I'm with Todd on this one. I've been a great supporter of amazon and I've yet to be treated poorly. Free shipping, no tax (in CA at least) and saves me a drive, completely worth it to me. Amazon had this drive at $217.99 but thinking I would hold out for another price drop... I missed out. Currently it is at $220 IIRC.

shrug ya driving is out the question for me but id rather support local store if i want to pay extra rather than paying amazon. Support local taxes and local business or pay no tax and have to ship it off for warranty or return what ever im sure it all equals out in the end.
Rather buy cheapest price just think if you overpay everything 10% and spend 10,000$ how much $$ is that wasted? Ive bought easily 20,000$ worth of stuff online in past 2 years, with about 10 items max from amazon Im really drawing a blank on anything at all ive had to return cant think of a single item.

New code is up for $15 off now and i still can't quite pull the trigger.

Prices on SSDs are dropping about 50% per year, so this is a good idea. Not too mention better controller and software.

after installing 1 of each of these drives in my monster desktop and my wifes computer, i will never build another computer without an ssd for the primary drive.

once you own one, you will understand!!!!!

after installing 1 of each of these drives in my monster desktop and my wifes computer, i will never build another computer without an ssd for the primary drive.

once you own one, you will understand!!!!!

+1, I can't and wont go back.

Back