Intel 750 NVMe SSDs 400GB $300, 1.2TB $700 @ Newegg

Good deal to me. I already have the 1.2 tb PCIe. I got mine months ago and paid only $850.00 for it.

Hmmm tempting, although I kind of like the small form factor of the 950Pro m.2

I do believe this Intel 750 beats it in random IOPS though....

Keep in mind the 2.5" is a SFF-8639 aka U.2 aka SATA Express connector, not a traditional SATA connection. Unless you have a brand new server (edit: or some new desktops!) with 2.5" NVMe drive support, you'll need an adapter (such as one of these) to plug this in.

Super tempted to pick this up.

Edit: apparently new mobos have a "SATA Express" port, which is marketting speak for SFF-8639. Skylake users may be good to go. :)

Last edited:
tempting. I would have bought this if it had been this price when I was building my system. Instead I got a 2tb Samsung 850 Pro. Bummer.

Keep in mind the 2.5" is a SFF-8639 aka U.2 aka SATA Express connector, not a traditional SATA connection. Unless you have a brand new server (edit: or some new desktops!) with 2.5" NVMe drive support, you'll need an adapter (such as one of these) to plug this in.

Super tempted to pick this up.

Edit: apparently new mobos have a "SATA Express" port, which is marketting speak for SFF-8639. Skylake users may be good to go. :)

U.2 and SATA Express are different connectors. Here's a mobo with them side by side. Yes, some motherboards have them, but if you buy a "SATA Express" motherboard you probably aren't going to have the right connector available to you without a m.2 to u.2 adapter.

I want one of these, but I have a P8Z77-I DELUXE with no PCIe available. I was trying to find out if it was possible to remove the mPCIe WiFi card and use an adapter to connect a PCIe SSD.

I want one of these, but I have a P8Z77-I DELUXE with no PCIe available. I was trying to find out if it was possible to remove the mPCIe WiFi card and use an adapter to connect a PCIe SSD.

If anything you might be able to use a mSATA, but it's not the same as an m.2 connector and it doesn't look like it would fit based on the location of the USB headers.

If anything you might be able to use a mSATA, but it's not the same as an m.2 connector and it doesn't look like it would fit based on the location of the USB headers.

I would need quite a bendy adapter. Oh well!

400gb is 269.99 at micro enter.

Well...I know where the $50 gift card I have for MC is being used. I'd love to get my hands on an 800GB or 1.2TB, but I'm still on a Z68 board and will be for quite some time, so this won't be anything other than a drive for MMOs and applications that would benefit from the higher speeds.

...I won't even be getting full speed on it, since I'm using a 2500K, which precludes me running PCI 3.0 on the board despite it being 'ready' for it.

Evidently it is theoretically possible to get NVMe working on a Z68, it just requires BIOS surgery and code transplantation: http://www.win-raid.com/t871f13-Discussion-NVMe-BIOS-Modules-and-NVMe-Support-7.html#msg17072

Lol they must of literally lowered the price in the last hour then. I was just at mc and checked the price and only the 400gb was discounted. Welp, looks like I gotta go back and pick up the 800gb...

The 1.2TB is only $650 :eek:

What is the better form factor / futureproof?
The add in card or the 2.5 form factor.

Indeed, I paid $650 for my 800GB in August, this is a good price for 1.2TB.

Yeah, kind of amazing what happens when the 950 Pro becomes something you can pick up on a shelf and not have to get its predecessors from a retailer in Australia with a hookup. :)

Back