Intel 660p M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVME SSD - $84.99 w/ code NEFPCA96

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by Ski, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Edgar

Edgar 2[H]4U

Shoot. All this talk got me thinking. I bought the inland 512 nvme and was going to have that as my OS drive for my plex server. Its got rated 780TBW. I only have a handful of users and most don't transcode anymore. Usually direct play.

2. arnemetis

arnemetis 2[H]4U

I use exactly that in my plex server. I also have my users primarily direct play. Just keep the transcode directory off there, and you'll be fine.
    Edit: It went into service immediately as my plex server's boot drive, I imaged the old ssd. It has 1,485 hours powered on (I run it 24/7 so that's almost 62 days) and 5741GB written. Let's average that to 5.7tb per two months, or 34.2tb written per year. From the first two months, it seems like it will last a very long time under these conditions.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
    SamirD likes this.
  3. Ski

Ski Gawd

If I can borrow your ear a bit more, can you re-read my question retarding the slots in the diagram and tell me if there will be any bandwidth limitation if I use the (slot 2) pcie 2 vs pcie 3 at x8 mode (slot 6) slot in the diagram shown above. And also which m.2 adapter would work under the circumstances I've described. Thanks.

4. SamirD

SamirD 2[H]4U

You've gotten some serious life out of that ssd (57k hrs!) that would have probably killed even a good mechanical drive in that capacity.

5. brentsg

brentsg [H]ard|Gawd

I'm doing a lot of Plex transcoding on my server so it's using a 970 Pro for this. I wouldn't have purchased the drive for this reason but it got re-purposed from another box.

SamirD likes this.