Intel 535 Performance question (vs 850 EVO) w/ benchmark data

a1212

n00b
Hey,

Got a Intel 535 240gb drive today. Did a data migration from a older Intel drive to this, first time I ever try a migration and it went smoothly. (no time to do clean install just yet).

Ran some crystaldiskmark benchmarks on the Intel 535 (which is my OS hd) and Samsung 850 EVO. EVO is 250gb.

Intel 535
WwJU05m.png

Samung 850 EVO
plYnl3t.png

Both devices are connected to 6gb/s ports on a Asus Gene-z board. For reasons unknown to me the Intel SSD is lacking behind a bit too much, could this be due to "Migration"?

May be worth a shot to install the Intel SSD Toolbox and run the SSD Optimization if you haven't already. That will force TRIM/GC, which may help the write speeds.

The sequential read speeds are pretty close to spec, so that's probably ok. The random read performance isn't terribly shocking, as the Intel 535 is rated with very weak numbers there- while my disdain for synthetic benchmarks is well-established, reading the fine print shows that in a 4K random read test at QD32, the 850 EVO is good for 97,000 IOPS and the 535 only does 41,000.

The Intel is probably less likely to spontaneously crap out on you, so it has that going for it. But otherwise (and without having tested it), I don't see the 535 as a competitive product.

Back