Intel 3930K 3960X in stock Newegg, MC

i hate it when people use this argument. some people have money burn so some of us could careless about the difference in price, as long as the product better.

Regradless. This deal isn't hot.

Should of just got a 2600k then because SB-E is a huge waste of money.

Lack of [H]ness detected.

In all seriousness, how can you say this when you don't know what his requirements are? Maybe he wants to keep the computer as long as possible so wants 8 ram slots as well as great IPC but doesn't want to go for a full-blown workstation setup...

I would say that we are more budget conscious, and wish to save money.

I dunno about that. I consider myself budget conscious....my E5800 build with 8G ram does everything I need. My 1090T + 6850 xfire does all my gaming.

I think both of those setups are pretty much cheaper than what most people here have with an $180 CPU + $100 board....

Probably...but those examples are still a long, long way off from the $850-1000ish you're looking at for a 3930K and an(y) X79 motherboard at most places. (Not hating, just observing.)

Back on topic for a second: I still think the MC deal is pretty good, considering most folks are probably going to need a decent cooler anyway because they'll be overclocking this thing. Their motherboard selection doesn't seem that great on the other hand, though they are adding a $20 discount for a 'board purchased at the same time <handwaggle>.

Besides mobos with 8 RAM slots and supporting 128gb RAM max. How would i benefit from upgrading to one these? Alot of the details seem same as my 970 cpu. 130watts, 6x256 cache, etc. Only thing it seems is the integrated memory controller.

I wonder if this pricing has anything to do with Bulldozer's failure. It's way too expensive for me, and unfortunately Intel doesn't have a great track record of lowering prices unless AMD offers something relatively competitive at a much cheaper price. Ahhh damn. Guess I'm joining the crowd that's waiting for IB.

Why do they even bother manufacturing them at that price?

Is it for the disgustingly rich who enjoy getting ripped off just so they can say they have the fastest PC around?

I don't think it's worth it for me to upgrade from my awesome i7 920 to a 3930K.

Last edited:
Besides mobos with 8 RAM slots and supporting 128gb RAM max. How would i benefit from upgrading to one these? Alot of the details seem same as my 970 cpu. 130watts, 6x256 cache, etc. Only thing it seems is the integrated memory controller.

If you need someone to explain to you how you might benefit, you don't need it.

Save your money.

Is it for the disgustingly rich who enjoy getting ripped off just so they can say they have the fastest PC around?

Not everyone uses their computer for Facebook only.

Would be awesome to have this but I think my 2500k with 12gb of ram will do just fine for now.

and for a good 3 years... at least. Chances are for the most part, none of us will need to upgrade anything but our GPU's the way that gaming is trending.

Even for $290, I don't think it's worth it for me to upgrade from my awesome i7 920 to a 3930K.

Are you able to take advantage of an employee discount too?

The PC in my sig is only used for gaming. I've got another rig with a Phenom II X3 720 I use for everything else, which is nothing too demanding. I got to thinking that I really don't need two PC's. Would it be a stupid idea to part them out, minus the GPU's and PSU, and build a 3930K rig since I can get it for less than $300?

MC dropped their price on the 3930K to $599 at some point yesterday...they're still advertising it with a free H80, but the local (Richardson, TX) one appears to be OOS on those.

Hey, PC_User, can I borrow your employee discount for about twenty minutes? :D

Back