Intel 320 160GB SSD + Battlefield 3 combo for $154.99 AR FS

I'm not totally familiar with it, but are there issues with cloning from a HDD to an SSD?

Yep - if in the process of cloning you do not get the SSD properly aligned. I've avoided this successfully three times by doing a format of the SSD as an external drive on a Win7 machine, then do an acronis restore of a backup to the SSD instead of doing an actual clone.

I just cloned my G2 80GB drive to the 320 160GB drive and it works fine.

I wanted to mention that I did not see the Intel SSD toolbox on the CD that came with the drive so you may have to download it. It did catch one setting issue with my setup (I forget which) so it's probably worth the download.

How are you guys doing the UPC for the rebate? Just cutting out the acutal UPC from the top label? Really wish Intel would have put it alone on the back of the box like most products.

Also those who bought 2 are you guys printing the rebate form out saying you bought 2 and then taping both UPCs to the form? I read over it a few times and that sounded like the right way to do it because it mentioned somewhere only 1 rebate per household and up to 2 items were eligible per form.

[H]ocusPocus;1038092606 said:
I wanted to mention that I did not see the Intel SSD toolbox on the CD that came with the drive so you may have to download it. It did catch one setting issue with my setup (I forget which) so it's probably worth the download.

Yeah I just installed the latest intel SSD Toolbox and it caught a few things. I needed to update my firmware, as well as optimize superfetch/prefetch, and optimize DIPM (Device Initiated Power Management)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455

I installed this one in my alienware M11X R1 and will be installing the second one in my Desktop

Yeah I just installed the latest intel SSD Toolbox and it caught a few things. I needed to update my firmware, as well as optimize superfetch/prefetch, and optimize DIPM (Device Initiated Power Management)

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455

I installed this one in my alienware M11X R1 and will be installing the second one in my Desktop

+1 into the r1. I like the improvement a lot. Just waiting for my 8gb of ram to come...

+1 into the r1. I like the improvement a lot. Just waiting for my 8gb of ram to come...

I ordered the 8gb of Patriot Ram that was on here for $20 so looking forward to this as well. I'm hoping I can achieve an OC of 2 ghz on my M11x which I could do before with my 4gb of ram.

I ordered but got a cancellation email from Newegg due to running out of stock, I wouldn't beat yourself up about "missing" it, they didn't even honor their legitimate orders. I'm not too mad, I didn't need it, I just jumped on the deal. Supposedly they are sending out separate packages for the BF3, so maybe I got a free $60 game, hopefully!

I ordered but got a cancellation email from Newegg due to running out of stock, I wouldn't beat yourself up about "missing" it, they didn't even honor their legitimate orders. I'm not too mad, I didn't need it, I just jumped on the deal. Supposedly they are sending out separate packages for the BF3, so maybe I got a free $60 game, hopefully!

My 2 copies of BF3 shipped separately from my SSD's and should be here tomorrow

Has anyone had experience with this rebate company before? I bought 2 drives, but separated the orders. So it says limit (1) rebate per household. I filled out the form and entered one of the two order numbers, but when it asked how many drives I hit 2/2. I was planning to just send that in with a copy of both invoices and both UPC's. Anyone try something like that before and get issues?

Got mine today - both the drive and the BF3 code. Drive had a pack date of 10/9/2011, and already had the current firmware on it.

Somebody on Slickdeals was saying Newegg was trying to charge $60 for the game after the SSD cancellation email. It was something about the discount only applies to the combo deal so if you can't get the SSD they were still trying to process the game as a standalone purchase at full price. Might get to give them a call to make sure. With as many keys floating around as there are you definitely don't want it for $60 right now.

So my codes came today in a good nice box with more packing material than the SSDs, which was none. :( Shame on Newegg.

What?!? the least they could've done was send you a fake SSD.

Bah maybe I didn't clarify enough. I was part of those who got the codes in a separate package than the SSDs. My SSDs were in a large box with zero packing material other than the packing slip. The Codes were in a good size box and had a shit ton of packing material. Looks like they came from two different warehouses though. SSDs look like they originated out of Illinois. Codes out of Tennessee I believe.

Your original post was clear enough to me, I think he just didn't read very carefully, and yeah... Newegg's packing is very hit or miss. I hate when stuff arrives flat against one side of the box with a crapload of paper stuffed on the other side, might as well have none. It's like 50/50 it'll take a punting on the unpadded side. :rolleyes:

On a HDD I might understand, but what kind of packaging do you need on an SSD?

I just finished transferring my OS over and I just realized I ordered the Brown-box drive from amazon and somehow still printed out the rebate :(

It's the same drive but has a different model number so I will not get the rebate. Am I screwed or what now I really needed this drive too...

Damnit, this is why I HATE rebates.

I'm not sure what you payed for that drive I imagine $275 or so but it's not worth that and no rebate I would return it. Amazon will take it back but if you can't get the rebate for $120 this thing is undesirable. Old tech Sata II and I have the drive but my write is only like 150 max. It's a solid drive for like $160 not cool for $275 no rebate.

Yea, this^. It's a nice drive for decent size on the cheap, but if you didn't get that second half it's not worth it.

I filled out the form to return the drive it's going to cost me $8.50 to return it. The model I got is SSDSA2CW160G310 which is not listed on the rebate form. I believe its the same drive other than the fact that it does not qualify for a rebate.

Now I still need to cross my fingers for another 160GB drive to roll around soon, because I don't think I can wait till next year. My raptor 150 GB raptor just died for the 4/5th time and it's no longer under warranty. Wow so much for getting black Friday deals this year, instead I get an $8.50 cent charge for trying. But at least they will probably take it back.... Now I need to wipe the drive..

If anyone decides there money is better off elsewhere I'd gladly buy your 160GB drive for $160+ shipping.

Just through it out there for anyone having second thoughts or just wanted BF3 ;)

If anyone decides there money is better off elsewhere I'd gladly buy your 160GB drive for $160+ shipping.

Just through it out there for anyone having second thoughts or just wanted BF3 ;)

My BF3 coupon was already used when I got it (claimed on 11/11 according to EA, bought drive on 11/25). Newegg is "looking into it" :rolleyes:.

the intel rebate center is still showing "waiting on documentation" for my status even though I have delivery confirmation that shows that they received my forms on the 3rd :(

the intel rebate center is still showing "waiting on documentation" for my status even though I have delivery confirmation that shows that they received my forms on the 3rd :(

I'll bet they have alot of mail to sort though with limited staff to do so. Give 'em a bit more time.

If I remember right, it did also say 8-10 weeks or something, didn't it?

Mine showed up as received today. I think I mailed it on the first.

I bought two drives on two different orders and my shipping address is different from my billing address. The rebate site only let me do 1 order number on the rebate (of which I can only make one rebate). Then it said your billing address needs to be the same as the shipping address.

What a mess.

Newegg let me return them. Props.

But I'm done with rebates.

Last edited:
I mailed my rebate information out on Dec 6th. Just checked, and the rebate website status shows that they are still awaiting receipt of documentation. I know these places tend to be a little slow, but 13 days after mailing is a bit worrisome.

Anyone else experience a similar delay?

I sent mine out on the 31st of november. USPS said they recieved my documents on the 2nd. I didn't get a confirmation that they had gotten my documents until a few days ago. A day after that they sent the email saying I am going to recieving my rebate in 8-12 weeks. Just be patient it'll come.

USPS lost mine. Despite certified mail .Should have insured it.
What's the procedure if USPS loses my original UPC? I scanned everything that I sent in, so I have a copy...

USPS lost mine. Despite certified mail .Should have insured it.
What's the procedure if USPS loses my original UPC? I scanned everything that I sent in, so I have a copy...

I think insurance only comes into play if it is sent by private party, otherwise the vendor/merchant is responsible. Even in a private party matter insurance is typically the senders responsibility.

I think insurance only comes into play if it is sent by private party, otherwise the vendor/merchant is responsible. Even in a private party matter insurance is typically the senders responsibility.

...which would be me. I was referring to the rebate, not the drive itself, in case that's what you meant.
Anyway, I emailed the address on the rebate website and attached my scanned image. I'm also working with USPS to try and track it down, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to mail a copy to them, since it has to be post marked by the 31st.

I just finished transferring my OS over and I just realized I ordered the Brown-box drive from amazon and somehow still printed out the rebate :(

It's the same drive but has a different model number so I will not get the rebate. Am I screwed or what now I really needed this drive too...

Damnit, this is why I HATE rebates.

I did the exact same thing, I bought the 80GB because it said there was a $70 rebate, but now that I sent the rebate in it got denied because it is the wrong rebate. There are absolutely rebates for the Brown Box drives even though Amazon was advertising it. I made a thread about it in the discussion section.

Grrrrr...

Back