Intel 10nm/7nm CPU/GPU Rumor Thread : Cannonlake, Icelake, Tigerlake, Sapphire Rapids, etc.

So uhm which cpu would be the first to be release? Zen+(q2 2018) or the rest of the Coffee lakes? Or they get released at the same time? Or Ice lake suddenly appears out of nowhere? Confusing times.

Rest of CFL line. Then the Zen+ refresh with a couple 100Mhz more and in the end of the year Icelake and Cascade Lake.

Hmmmmm I guess I'll be going with an i5 8500 and asrock z370i for my upcoming dan case v2. Unless AMD does release zen+ earlier which will make me look at benchmarks before deciding. Man if only 8700 can be cooled in a Dan case without deliding.

Ah nevermind. Confusing H2 and Q2. I guess h2 can be anything up to the end of next December.

Yq2Oedc.png

ICL Y/U supposedly starting production in work week 51 2018 (December 17 - 24 2018) and then released in work week 07 - 20 (February 11 - May 13, 2019)

Yq2Oedc.png

ICL Y/U supposedly starting production in work week 51 2018 (December 17 - 24 2018) and then released in work week 07 - 20 (February 11 - May 13, 2019)

Yep, it´s a rerun as with CFL. K models plus a couple first, then the broad range later. The reason is the server first mentality now. Cascade Lake (Early release) for example shipped before the CFL product did.

Haven't had a chance to read everything, but do we think the "9700k" rumored for availability early 2019 is 6 or 8 cores?

So much Lake lol. Maybe this will be the Kaby version of the next gen architecture.

Lets see..
Sky Lake
Kaby Lake
Coffee Lake
Cannon Lake
Ice Lake
Cascade Lake
Tiger Lake
Whiskey Lake
Alder Lake
Apollo Lake
Gemini Lake

Lake Field is an SoC, big.LITTLE for x86. Core/Atom based on 10nm apparently

Wow, that seems really interesting...

The smaller SoC makers won with big.LITTLE it seems. Simply to reduce cost and keep them in the game. At this point however some companies are without any small cores.

Hope this will provide a reason to upgrade. But it's probably the top of the fps the gains are ultimately and upgrading my Ti is a better choice still! Cant wait to see how it performs tho. But as it is currently sitting on my 5820k for 2 years isnt far fetched!

I thought Ice Lake was going to be a new architecture, if Tiger Lake is after that, wouldn't it just be a refresh/process tweak of that instead of something more significant? I thought Ice Lake is the new big change coming up.

I thought Ice Lake was going to be a new architecture, if Tiger Lake is after that, wouldn't it just be a refresh/process tweak of that instead of something more significant? I thought Ice Lake is the new big change coming up.

Icelake is the new architecture, it just seems Intel has planned ahead and is now offering more than just a Kaby Lake like refresh, something more than clock speed.

Hope it doesn’t mean Ice Lake will still be hexacore at the top on the new arch and Tiger an octacore on refreshed arch. Wanted to jump to Ice if it’s octa.

Tiger Lake would be the "Optimization" in Intel's Process-Architecture-Optimization (PAO) cycle. I expect that if 7nm is proving difficult that Intel may be planning to do more than one uarch on 10nm.

Tiger Lake would be the "Optimization" in Intel's Process-Architecture-Optimization (PAO) cycle. I expect that if 7nm is proving difficult that Intel may be planning to do more than one uarch on 10nm.
Ashraf originally posted Tigerlake Codename back in early 2016, I think this improved core is due to them planning to stay on a process longer than they used to and not get surprised when delays appear. (10nm delayed, Kaby and Coffee appear, not originally planned). It just seems like better planning on Intel's part rather than seeing 7nm problems, a process they can't even build chips on yet(still in dev.). Though I suspect Alder Lake will be built on a further optimized 10nm node, while Datacenter gets dibs on 7nm.

Do we have any idea if Icelake will have any hardware fixes for Meltdown and Spectre? Internally they've known about it for some time.

Back