Integrated camera not found

I used to have access to my laptop's integrated camera. It has been a few months since I have used the camera in Zoom, but today it does not show up. I have Win10-32 Home and assume it might have been removed somehow when Windows did an update. I have done all the things I know to do. Device Manager does not show a camera and a scan does not show any camera. I also checked all the categories in DM and there just is no camera. When I type camera in the start menu, it opens a page that says my camera cannot be found and the error code is: 0xA00F4244-no camera attached.
I went to the MSI driver website, but there are no camera drivers. Also, a motherboard and chipset update from the driver webpage did not add the camera drivers. Not sure what else I can do, but need the camera.

Check the privacy settings. We've had more than a few users who couldn't enable their cameras, and they needed to be approved under Privacy.

Forgot to mention in my original post that it was on. I went back to privacy settings and turned the camera off, then back on again. I also turned all the apps on as well ( I had a few turned off).
But still no camera.

dig through the device manager and see if you can find any out of place usb devices. Ive had this happen before when drivers didnt auto detect correctly and it went went system devices.

I went through each and every section and did not see anything that looks like it might be a camera.

I went through each and every section and did not see anything that looks like it might be a camera.
thats what im saying, look for usb devices that dont look right or are out of place. my receiver for my xbox 360 controllers would do it too, get put as some random usb device under system devices.
other option is to pull the bezel off or bottom panel and try disconnecting the webcam. if you here the disconnect noise, its physically being detected but misidentified. if you dont hear the disconnect/reconnect noise, then it might just be dead jim.
also check you bios to see if there is an enable/disable option.

What is the make/model of laptop?

Side note, I know my work laptop had the LCD replaced. Little while after I had to use the webcam and windows couldn't find one at all, just like you. Turned out whoever disconnected my old LCD (Dell tech) never hooked back up my webcam.

Make sure the camera cannot be physically switched off. More than once I've come across this issue and looking around the casing for a switch to enable/disable the camera and turning it to the 'on' position rectified everything.

Otherwise, the flex cable may have broken in the hinge. I've seen that on a number of occasions also.

I'm not sure why, but it started to work this morning. I searched in DM yesterday and it did not show up, only did today.
Thanks for the help.

Back